This chocolate blueberry smoothie is loaded with fruit, nuts, and a rich chocolate protein powder, great for muscles and hydration! This is our go-to weekday smoothie, especially for the late summer months when blueberries are in season. And major recipe hack: frozen blueberries work just as good as fresh, so stock up on frozen berries when they are on sale and enjoy healthy antioxidant rich smoothies all week long.
This Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie Is:
- Antioxidant Rich
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free
- High Protein
- Ready in 2 minutes!
Easy Weekday Vegan Smoothies!
This vegan recovery smoothie recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Snack – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering a to-go smoothie from a juice bar!
What’s In This Plant Based Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie?
- Protein Powder: we are huge fans of Vega Chocoalte Sport protein which is derived totally from plants and is super delicious. I like that this protein powder isn’t TOO sweet or taste artificial at all.
- Banana: we use fresh banana or have been using this organic banana powder lately since we aren’t getting many grocery deliveries thanks to COVID.
- Blueberries: I love stocking up on these giant bags of blueberries when we get a Whole Foods order, they are crazy inexpensive! You can use fresh or frozen, either tastes amazing in this smoothie!
- Water: or you can use almond milk for a little extra protein and creaminess
- Walnuts: the secret to this amazing smoothie! I stocked up on a few bags of these walnuts here, and they are great to throw a handful into drinks or muffins.
- Chia Seeds: for extra nutrients and a little extra thickness!
Frozen Blueberry Recipes For the Win!
I used a frozen blueberries for this recipe instead of fresh produce. Frozen produce is a great option for finding fresh and flavorful fruits and veg in the off season. By using freezer ingredients, I can stock up when they are on sale, and use them in all kinds of great dishes. It saves me a trip to the store, and I can add amazing fruit right into the smoothie. Frozen fruits are often picked at peak ripeness, so they are a much better option than canned. Check out all my recipes that use Freezer Ingredients on The Herbeevore – great for those nights when you want dinner ready fast! And check out my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples for long-lasting staples that I always keep on hand.
The Best Blender for the Job
I’ve owned a lot of blenders, but my Vitamix is definitely the best one I’ve owned. This high-speed blender will blend even the toughest of ingredients into pulp. I prefer using my blender to my food processor for sauces like this or homemade hummus, as it’s much easier to clean the Vitamix. This is definitely one kitchen appliance we use on a daily basis!
How Do I Make This Vegan Post-Workout Smoothie?
Other Vegan Post-Workout Snack Recipes You’ll Love
Get the Same Ingredients I Use in My Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan blueberry chocolate smoothie recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Chocolate Blueberry Smoothie (V, GF)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder we use Vega Sport
- 1 banana or 1/4 cup banana powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high speed for 1 minute until smoothie is thick and creamy.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!