This roasted carrot hummus recipe is smoky and sweet, creamy and light. Great as a dip for pita or veggies, or as a flavorful spread for a sandwich, wrap, or toast. A great way to use leftover carrots and turn them into a delicious and healthy snack!
This Roasted Carrot Hummus Is:
- Loaded with flavor
- Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
- Made without tahini
This roasted carrot hummus recipe is great because you can use either canned chickpeas, or cook them from scratch. I usually use my Instant Pot to make perfect chickpeas (no soaking required!) which are ready in 45 minutes. If you are using canned, make sure to get a “no salt added” variety to cut down on the sodium!
What’s In This Roasted Carrot Hummus?
- Carrots, roasted in an oven for about 30 minutes. I cook them on a sheetpan with a little oil, and thats all. These carrots are great to throw in the oven if you are baking something else for dinner too… so you have roasted carrots ready anytime you need ’em.
- Olive Oil: for tossing with the roasted carrots, and make sure to save a bit to drizzle over the top of the finished hummus.
- Chickpeas: you can use either canned or homemade… this Instant Pot Chickpea recipe is my preferred metod for sure!
- Garlic: Because hummus without garlic is a crime! It gives the hummus a bold fresh flavor. I used raw gralic for this recipe, but you can roast the garlic along with the carrots to make this hummus #extra.
- Smoked Paprika: give an additional depth of flavor to the hummus.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: for a little heat. If you don’t like spice you can leave these out.
- Lemon juice, from one lemon. Use fresh if possible!
How Do I Make Roasted Carrot Hummus?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, and add the olive oil and carrots to the sheet pan. Toss to coat. Roast the carrots in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway during cooking.
- Add roasted carrots and the rest of the hummus ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse on low and increase speed. Blend until hummus is a smooth consistency. Serve with crudite, pita chips, or as a spread on a sandwich or wrap.
Other Heathy Chickpea Recipes We Love!
As always, if you make this roasted carrot hummus recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Triple Olive Hummus Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse on low and increase speed. Blend until hummus is a smooth consistency.
- Top hummus with an extra drizzle of olive oil and chopped olives. Serve with crudite, pita chips, or as a spread on a sandwich or wrap.