This Quinoa Salad with Black Beans recipe is a fresh and tasty lunch or side dish, loaded with vegetables, and high in fiber and plant based protein! This is a great recipe for hearty meal prep during the week and is vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free.
This Quinoa Salad with Black Beans is a fantastic lunch recipe, made with all the vegetables and smothered in a tangy lime vinaigrette dressing.
Packed with red pepper, carrots, fresh kale, black beans, and corn – this salad is the perfect side dish for a party, BBQ, or dinner. Its perfect to make ahead, meal prep, or batch cook too!
This Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Vegetables
- Vegetarian, Gluten Free, and Vegan
High Protein Party Salads
This Rainbow Quinoa Salad was always my favorite dish to bring to a pot luck or a party when I lived in California! Its a great summer salad packed with tons of fresh vegetables and a light citrus-y dressing. Even after about 10 years, this is still my favorite quinoa salad to make as a quick lunch or party food!
Its perfect to make ahead for a party or BBQ as the flavors only get better with a day or two in the fridge.
What’s In This Quinoa Salad with Black Beans Recipe?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Bell Pepper, Corn, Carrots, Kale
- White Quinoa: I used this fantastic white quinoa, but you can use red or multicolored. You can cook quinoa on the stove top, in the Instant Pot (my preferred method), in the rice cooker. This quinoa is a fantastic addition to salads, soups, or wraps.
- Black Beans: Use no salt added or low sodium beans for better flavor and control of the salt in this dish. I only use low or no sodium beans in my recipes. You can always add salt in, but it’s impossible to take out.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s inexpensive, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Lime Juice: If you don’t have fresh limes, this bottled lime juice is actually a fantastic substitute. I always keep some in the pantry – it’s great for sauces, dips, or even for cocktails!
Make Ahead Quinoa Salad
This bean and quinoa salad is a fantastic and simple recipe to make ahead. Great for a busy weeknight, for entertaining, or just for those nights when you don’t feel like cooking. I like to prep one (or a few) of these ahead of time, and save some for later.
Having ready cooked meals in the fridge or freezer is a great way to enjoy home cooked meals when you don’t have time in the kitchen. Freezing ingredients is also a great way to use up food that may be expiring soon. Check out all my make ahead meals on The Herbeevore for some inspo to help you prep, keep, heat, and heat!
Frozen Vegetable Salad Recipes For the Win!
I used a few frozen veggies for this recipe instead of fresh produce: like corn and edamame. Frozen produce is a great option for finding fresh and flavorful vegetables in the off season. Frozen vegetables are often picked at peak ripeness, so they are a much better option than canned.
Check out all my recipes that use Freezer Ingredients on The Herbeevore – great for those nights when you want dinner ready fast! And check out my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples for long-lasting staples that I always keep on hand.
More High Fiber Salad Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe
If you make this easy quinoa black bean salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Quinoa Salad with Black Beans
- 3 cups white quinoa cooked
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 avocado peel removed and diced
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 14 ounce can black beans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 limes juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, bell pepper, carrots, corn, avocado, and kale.
- Open can of black beans and drain over a colander in the sink. Rinse the beans, drain them, and add them to the quinoa salad.
- In a pint sized mason jar add the olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Shake thoroughly, and pour over salad.
- Mix all together and taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if desired.
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!