This egg mayo sandwich is a vegetarian lunch recipe loaded with a simple mix of hard boiled eggs and mayonnaise. A meatless high protein sandwich that is creamy, delicious, and perfect anytime.
This sandwich makes a quick 15 minute lunch idea, and is a great meatless meal. Serve with a pickle, chips, homemade vinegar & oil coleslaw, or with oven baked steak fries.
This Egg Mayo Sandwich Recipe Is:
- Ready in 10 minutes
Inexpensive and Affordable Sandwich Recipes & Ideas
I love how inexpensive these egg mayo sandwiches are to make! This recipe uses a lot of ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand.
Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. This is a great recipe to make if you have eggs you need to use up, or you have some extra veggies you want to add to the sandwich.
What’s In Mayo and Egg Sandwich Recipe?
I love shopping for fresh produce through Misfits Market – they sell groceries, healthy pantry staples, and fantastic food finds (even wine!) at a discounted price. Choose your favorite seasonal produce, save up to 40% off grocery store prices & save time by getting free delivery right to your door!
- Hard boiled eggs
- Simple Mayonnaise: I like to use this mayo to keep this recipe healthier. A lot of mayo varieties can have hidden sugar, so make sure you are using a good mayonnaise if you eat clean.
- Whole Grain or Dijon Mustard – for a really nice flavor and texture, you can use either whole grain mustard, stone ground, or dijon.
- Dill Relish
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well, and the onion powder is great to add a little onion flavor to this dish… without actual onion. Avoid onion breath and use powder onion instead of fresh for this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Fast Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes for the WIN!
This egg mayo sandwich is the tastiest, simplest comfort food lunch or dinner idea. It’s totally creamy, flavorful, and full of bright fresh herbs. This makes a great quick lunch idea when I have extra eggs in the fridge. It’s also a high protein recipe, which will keep you full until dinner.
How Do I Make This Vegetarian Creamy Egg Sandwich?
In a large bowl, add the peeled hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
Add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, onion powder, and relish. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs.
Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle the top with a little extra cracked black pepper. Serve on sandwich bread or a lettuce wrap, and load with fresh greens of your favorite sandwich toppings. Enjoy!
Inexpensive and Affordable Egg Sandwich Recipes For Everyone
I love how inexpensive these egg sandwiches are to make! This recipe uses a lot of ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
More Easy Egg Recipes You’ll Love!
To make this recipe gluten free, ensure all ingredients you are using are certified gluten free, and always check the labels of ingredients before using.
Get the Same Ingredients I Used For This Egg and Mayo Sandwich Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegetarian egg mayo salad sandwich recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Egg Mayo Sandwich
- 6 hardboiled eggs shells removed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 1/3 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tabkespoons fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 6 slices bread use gluten free if needed
- In a large bowl, add the peeled hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, onion powder, and relish. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle the top with a little extra cracked black pepper. Serve on sandwich bread or a lettuce wrap, and load with fresh greens of your favorite sandwich toppings. Enjoy!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can save up to 40% off grocery store prices.
If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!
Great for Lent. Tasty