This creamy oat milk alfredo sauce recipe is a rich and luxurious dinner, ready in 20 minutes! Made with spices, garlic, and your favorite oat milk – just make sure it’s plain & unsweetened.
A great pantry alfredo recipe you can make for pennies. Make it a complete meal by serving this rich & creamy oat milk pasta with sourdough garlic bread and fresh side salad.
This Vegan Oat Milk Alfredo Recipe Is:
- Made with Pantry Staple Ingredients
- Ready in 20 Minutes
- Vegan, Gluten Free, SO Good!
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Dinner Recipes
This oat milk alfredo pasta recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand! Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Alfredo with Oat Milk Recipe?
- Pasta: I used a long linguine pasta, but you can use fettuccine, spaghetti, angel hair, bucatini, or any other long pasta shape!
- Olive Oil: I like to use ZOE brand because it has a great flavor, and is a good value for the quality olive oil you get.
- Garlic: you can use fresh garlic if you have it, or heirloom jarred garlic if you are making this pantry-staple friendly.
- Corn Starch: A mixture of corn starch and cold water will thicken the sauce making this an irresistible creamy and luscious pasta dish!
- Oat Milk: I used my easy homemade Unsweetened Oat Milk recipe, but you can use store-bought oat milk… just make sure to use unsweetened/unflavored! If making your own, use certified GF oats.
- Garlic Salt: for a little extra flavor and spice in this pasta.
- Fresh Ground Pepper: I use tellicherry pepper corns because they have a nice flavor with a hint of spice, and are a great value for the quality of fresh pepper corns.
- Parsley: to give the alfredo pasta sauce a bright fresh finish.
Easy Weeknight Pasta Recipes!
This oat milk alfredo is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes or less. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy home-cooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
And if you love this recipe, check out my Oat Milk Mac and Cheese for a super creamy, decadent treat!
How Do I Make This Oat Milk Pasta Sauce Recipe?
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Save 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large pot heat olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 or 3 minutes until the garlic begins to brown. Sprinkle in the corn starch and stir until a thick paste forms.
- Add the oat milk, garlic salt and pepper, and stir. Add the pasta to the sauce and top with parsley. If sauce is too thick, add the cooked pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until the sauce is the consistency you prefer. If the sauce is too thin, add 1 tablespoon of corn starch and turn up the heat as you whisk!
More Plant Based Pasta Recipes You’ll Love!
& read through my Top 125 Vegan Pantry Staple Ingredients & Recipes that I stock my pantry with!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use for My Oat Milk Alfredo Recipe:
I got the fresh produce for this recipe from my Misfits Market box – they sell all organic produce at a very discounted price, and purchase right from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love the seasonal variety. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
As always, if you make this vegan Oat Milk Alfredo pasta recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get free recipe inspiration. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Oat Milk Alfredo Recipe (Vegan, GF)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, saving 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large pot heat olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add the corn starch and the cold water in a separate dish, and mix until corn starch has dissolved. Pour this mix over the garlic.
- Add the oat milk, garlic salt and pepper, and stir until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and top with parsley.
To Make Your Own Unsweetened Oat Milk:
- .Combine 1 cup oats, 4 cups water, and pinch of salt to a blender. Allow the ingredients to sit for 10 minutes before blending.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds. Strain immediately though a fine mesh strainer, cheese cloth, or a nut milk bag. Do NOT squeeze the oat milk, let it drain naturally. Squeezing it can cause it to become slimy.
Save Money on Groceries, Pantry Staples, and Cleaning Supplies!I love shopping for healthy groceries and pantry staples through Thrive Market - they sell non-toxic cleaning supplies, natural beauty products, and pantry staple groceries (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Thrive Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal staples for delivery. Join Thrive Market & get 30% off your purchase & a $60 free gift!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!