This creamy oat milk alfredo sauce recipe is a rich and luxurious dinner, ready in 20 minutes! Made with spices, garlic, and your favorite oat milk – just make sure it’s plain & unsweetened.
A great pantry alfredo recipe you can make for pennies. Make it a complete meal by serving this rich & creamy oat milk pasta with sourdough garlic bread and fresh side salad.
This Vegan Oat Milk Alfredo Recipe Is:
- Made with Pantry Staple Ingredients
- Ready in 20 Minutes
- Vegan, Dairy Free, SO Good!
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Dinner Recipes
This oat milk alfredo pasta recipe is a fantastic creamy sauce! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards, it’s one of our favorite pasta recipes. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand! Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and easy meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on whole ingredients you can cook a great recipe without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Alfredo with Oat Milk Recipe?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and simple ingredients from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out seasonal produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
- Pasta: I used a long linguine pasta, but you can use fettuccine pasta, spaghetti, angel hair, bucatini, or any other long pasta shape!
- Olive Oil: I like to use ZOE brand because it has a great flavor, and is a good value for the quality olive oil you get.
- Garlic: you can use minced garlic if you have it, or heirloom jarred garlic if you are making this pantry-staple friendly.
- Corn Starch: A mixture of corn starch and cold water will thicken the sauce making this an irresistible creamy and luscious pasta dish!
- Oat Milk: I used my easy homemade Unsweetened Oat Milk recipe, but you can use store-bought oat milk… just make sure to use unsweetened/unflavored! If making your own, use certified GF oats.
- Garlic Salt: for a little extra flavor and spice in this pasta.
- Fresh Ground Pepper: I use tellicherry pepper corns because they have a nice flavor with a hint of spice, and are a great value for the quality of fresh pepper corns.
- Fresh Parsley: to give the alfredo pasta sauce a bright fresh finish.
- Cooked protein – crispy tofu, rotisserie chicken, or sauteed tempeh.
- Nutritional yeast could give this a cheesy vegan flavor if you had any on hand – a great vegan parmesan cheese alternative.
- Garlic Powder – for a little extra flavor in spice form.
- Lemon Juice or Lemon Zest – for a extra hit of acidity and flavor.
- Raw Cashews – for extra crunch
Easy Weeknight Pasta Recipes!
This vegan fettuccine alfredo is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes or less. Traditional alfredo is loaded with heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and dairy products. This creamy pasta sauce is plant based and I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a simple meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
And if you love this recipe, check out my Oat Milk Mac and Cheese for a super creamy, decadent treat!
How Do I Make This Oat Milk Pasta Sauce Recipe?
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Save 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 or 3 minutes until the garlic begins to brown. Sprinkle in the corn starch and stir until a thick paste forms.
- Add the oat milk, garlic salt and pepper, and stir. Add the pasta to the sauce and top with parsley. If sauce is too thick, add the cooked pasta water 1/4 cup at a time until the sauce is the consistency you prefer. If the sauce is too thin, add 1 tablespoon of corn starch and turn up the heat as you whisk!
- Top with black pepper and fresh parsley, and enjoy hot.
- This recipe is vegan, dairy free, and vegetarian. It’s great for a plant-based diet, and tastes like the real thing.
- To make this recipe gluten free, Make sure the oats and/or oat milk you are using are certified gluten free. While oats are naturally gluten free, many pre-made oat milks can contain gluten, so always make sure your ingredients have the Certified GF stamp on the packaging if you must avoid wheat.
More Plant Based Pasta Recipes You’ll Love!
& read through my Top 125 Vegan Pantry Staple Ingredients & Recipes that I stock my pantry with!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use for My Oat Milk Alfredo Recipe:
If you make this easy oat milk pasta sauce recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Oat Milk Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, saving 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large pot heat olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add the corn starch and the cold water in a separate dish, and mix until corn starch has dissolved. Pour this mix over the garlic.
- Add the oat milk, garlic salt and pepper, and stir until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and top with parsley.
To Make Your Own Unsweetened Oat Milk:
- .Combine 1 cup oats (use certified gluten free if needed), 4 cups water, and pinch of salt to a blender. Allow the ingredients to sit for 10 minutes before blending.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds. Strain immediately though a fine mesh strainer, cheese cloth, or a nut milk bag. Do NOT squeeze the oat milk, let it drain naturally. Squeezing it can cause it to become slimy.
- To make this recipe gluten free, Make sure the oats and pasta you are using are certified gluten free. While oats are naturally gluten free, there can be cross-contamination during processing, so always make sure your oats have the Certified GF stamp on the packaging if you must avoid wheat.
- If you are using a pre-made oat milk, many are not gluten free, so always buy one that has the certified stamp on it.
Save on Fresh Groceries & Pantry StaplesI love shopping for fresh produce through Misfits Market. They sell fresh produce, pantry staples, and fantastic groceries (even wine!) at a discounted price. Choose your favorite seasonal produce, enjoy delivery right to your door, & $10 off your first box by clicking here. Getting groceries online has turned out to be a huge time and money saver for us. If you haven't tried a produce box yet, I highly recommend trying one out!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!