The Midwesterner in me loves macaroni salad! I’ve made tons of versions of it, and this ranch macaroni salad recipe is one of the best yet! If you like ranch dressing (but hate mayonnaise) then this is the mac salad recipe for you.
Ranch macaroni salad is so yummy served with anything coming off the grill. Its awesome with burgers, hot dogs, fresh grilled corn, or any salad. This deli-style salad is actually loaded with tons of vegetables in it, so it has a nice refreshing crunch in eat bite.
This Ranch Macaroni Salad Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Vegetables
- Versatile: you can use any vegetables you have on hand, or swap in your favorites.
Inexpensive and Affordable Party Side Dishes For Everyone
I love how inexpensive this ranch macaroni salad is to make! This recipe uses a lot of ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or refrigerator- most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and tasty meals using a few staples you can rotate.
What’s In This Ranch Dressing Macaroni Salad Recipe?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Onion, Celery, Carrots, Bell Peppers
- Ridged Macaroni Noodles – I love the light springy texture of macaroni noodles, they are so perfect for creamy vegetable salad like this! These macaroni noodles are slightly ridged, which helps the creamy dressing stick to the pasta, or any sauces. And for a gluten free version, these awesome GF macaroni pasta noodles work perfect in this recipe.
- Ranch Dressing – I love this ranch dressing because it’s gluten free, dairy free, keto and paleo approved!
- Sweet Relish – to give this dish a little extra sweetness. I love this classic sweet relish which has a nice crunch and a sweet and tangy flavor. It’s great in this salad (like a secret ingredient!) and also great to have on the table for burgers or hot dogs.
- Yellow Mustard – while I normally like cooking with whole grain or Dijon mustard, sometimes a good classic yellow mustard is exactly what you need! I love that this organic yellow mustard gives this recipe a wonderful tangy flavor.
- Apple Cider Vinegar, which gives this dressing a little extra tang which is really fantastic! I love using this organic apple cider vinegar with the mother which has a great flavor. I think it gives a nice extra sweetness and depth.
Party Pasta Side Dishes Everyone Will Love
I mean c’mon, who doesn’t love ranch?! This mac salad is what I call an Easy Entertaining Recipe – which is a crowd-pleaser recipe that will be a major hit. These delicious recipes are perfect to treat your guests or when you have a cookout or backyard dinner. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Entertaining Recipes, that we regularly serve to our friends and family. If you’re heading to a party, potluck, or BBQ, check out my list of top host gifts for dinner parties for that next-level gift they will love!
How Do I Make Macaroni Salad with Ranch Dressing?
Make Ahead Macaroni Salad Option
This creamy ranch macaroni salad is great to make ahead for a BBQ, party, or potluck. Make it the day before, cover and let it rest overnight, and it’s ready to go the following day! Like traditional pasta salad or coleslaw, this macaroni salad tastes better if made a day or two before.
- To make gluten free, use gluten free macaroni pasta noodles or any bottled ingredients (like relish, mayo, etc.)
- To make this refined sugar free, just substitute a natural sweetener for the sugar in this recipe, and make sure there is no added sugar in the relish.
More Classic Cookout Pasta Salad Recipes You’ll Love!
Share this Homemade Ranch Mac Salad Recipe
If you make this easy ranch mac salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Ranch Macaroni Salad
- 1 16 ounce box macaroni noodles use gluten free if desired
- 1/2 sweet onion finely diced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1.5 cups ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse in a colander under cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the macaroni noodles, onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper, ranch dressing, relish, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and sugar. Mix well to combine all ingredients. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. when you are about to serve, mix in another 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing to keep it creamy!
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!