These Red Potato Fries Are:
- Perfectly Tender in the Middle
- Oven Baked
- Vegetarian, Vegan, and Easy to Make
A Dinner Party Fries Everyone Will Love
This fries with red potatoes recipe is what I call an Easy Entertaining Recipe – which is a crowd-pleaser recipe that will be a major hit. These delicious recipes are perfect to treat your guests or when you have a special occasion for dinner.
I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Entertaining Recipes, that we regularly serve to our friends and family. If you’re heading to a party, potluck, or BBQ, check out my list of top host gifts for dinner parties for that next-level gift they will love!
How Do I Season Fries & Make Them Crispy?
You’ll need a few simple ingredients that’ll make these oven baked fries perfect!
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Sunflower Oil: our go-to oil for roasting or baking! Sunflower is a high oleic oil, so it’s best to use for high temperatures.
- Red Potatoes
- Montreal Steak Spice: Our favorite spice blend, probably the one we use most in our home! Montreal Steak Spice is a blend of garlic, pepper, salt, oregano, crushed pepper flakes, and a little dill for an amazing flavor. With a half-Canadian household, you better believe we put this spice on everything!
- Corn Starch: the secret to making these fries perfectly crispy! I like this brand of organic corn starch best. I use it weekly to make crispy potatoes and tofu!
- Garlic Powder: Also a major pantry staple ingredient that gets used in our house daily!
Inexpensive and Affordable Potato Recipes For Everyone
More Easy Potato Recipes You’ll Love!
Share These Red Potato Fries
Red Potato Fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Ferenheit. Wash and scrub the red potatoes under warm water. Cut into wedges and place in a very large bowl.
- Add garlic powder and Montreal Steak Spice to potatoes, and stir to make sure the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the corn starch to the bowl – and mix with your hands to make sure the potatoes are evenly coated with the corn starch.
- Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil onto a large sheet pan. Arrange the potatoes on top so that they are in an even layer. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping the potatoes half way!
- Serve with ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey mustard… whatever is your dipping medium of choice. Or just eat them plain – they’re that good.
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!