This creamy potato soup with coconut milk recipe is thick, rich, and flavorful! A hearty satisfying soup that is also vegan and dairy free. Cozy comfort food at it’s finest!
This delicious dairy free potato soup is great to meal prep for a week of lunches, or enjoy as an hearty dinner starter. Serve with a thick slice of sourdough bread, easy homemade drop biscuits, or top with herby croutons.
This Dairy Free Potato Soup with Coconut Milk Is
- Loaded with flavor
- Vegan, dairy free, gluten free
- THE perfect fall comfort food soup recipe!
One Pot Potato Coconut Soup Recipes For the Win!
This potato soup with coconut milk is the perfect one-pot lunch or dinner! I love a good One Pot Meal, especially during these fall months when the weather starts to turn cooler. Cooking everything in one pot is one of my favorite ways to get a meal on the table fast! All the food gets cooked at once, which makes cleaning up a breeze.
And the stove does all the work for you, so you can focus on other kitchen prep while the food cooks. One Pot meals are awesome for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – check out my link here to see other healthy one pot meals that are ready in no time!
What’s In This Potato Coconut Milk Soup?
I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Potatoes: I used yellow potatoes for this, but really any variety you prefer would be delish!
- Onion, Carrots, Garlic, Mushrooms
- Coconut Milk: I use unsweetened full-fat coconut milk, which I’d definitely recommend over lite coconut milk. The flavor makes this dish super rich and creamy without any dairy.
- Herbes de Provence: my favorite spice blend! This French blend has a mix of rosemary, thyme, sage, and savory for a wonderful and complex flavor.
- Butter: use plant-based or vegan version if you are dairy free… there are tons of great plant butters around. Or substitute olive oil, that works well too.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Black Pepper: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. This pepper is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor! I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
Dairy Free Meal Prep Soup Recipes For the Win!
This potato soup with coconut milk is the perfect recipe for healthy homemade meal prep. I am a huge fan of meal prepping, batch cooking, and making recipes ahead. I love the convenience of cooking once and being able to enjoy healthy homemade meals during the week when I don’t have time. There’s a whole section of TheHerbeevore.com dedicated to my favorite tried & true meal prep recipes.
With just a little planning and prep, you can have a week’s worth of recipes ready in the time it would take to make one portion. Just batch cook, divide into individual containers, and place in the fridge or freezer for later! I also made a list of my favorite meal prep products on Amazon that I use weekly. They make cooking easy.
How Do I Make This Potato Soup Dairy Free?
- In a large pot melt the plant-based butter over low heat. Add the onion and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Add the celery, carrot, mushrooms, potatoes, Herbes de Provence, and Vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 45 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender. Remove the pot from heat, and stir in the can of coconut milk.
- Taste and add salt and fresh ground pepper if desired. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh thyme or Herbes de Provence for garnish.
More Healthy Dairy Free Soup Recipes You’ll Love!
French Carrot Lentil Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Coconut Milk Cream of Mushroom Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with Sweet Potato (Vegan, GF, Whole30)
Mason Jar Instant Ramen Noodle Soup (Vegan, Low Sodium, Gluten-Free)
Southwest Potato Corn Chowder (Vegan, Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free)
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Creamy Dairy Free Potato Soup Recipe:
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
As always, if you make this creamy vegan coconut potato soup recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
And don’t forget to follow over on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & TikTok – I’d love to connect with you there!
Potato Soup with Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 lbs potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 6 cups No-Salt-Added Vegetable Stock
- 1 13 ounce can coconut milk , full fat
- 1 teaspoon each Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the onion and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the celery, carrot, mushrooms, potatoes, Herbes de Provence, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 45 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Remove the pot from heat, and stir in the can of coconut milk.
- Taste and add salt and fresh ground pepper if desired. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh thyme for garnish.
Save Money on Groceries, Pantry Staples, and Cleaning Supplies!I love shopping for healthy groceries and pantry staples through Thrive Market - they sell non-toxic cleaning supplies, natural beauty products, and pantry staple groceries (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Thrive Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal staples for delivery. Join Thrive Market & get 30% off your purchase & a $60 free gift!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
This soup is delicious!
Only changes I made were for my personal preference :-
Added LOTS of freshly ground pepper
I like really thick soup, so added corn starch at the end and blended.
This soup will be on the menu rotation a lot! So good!!
Pingback:Potato Soup with Coconut Milk Recipe #shorts #recipes - Foodche
It’s yummy and filling to
Looks fantastic tastes even better