This Pretzel Bun Breakfast Sandwich recipe will impress your brunch guests, an easy weekend meal for the family! A crowd-pleaser breakfast recipe that everyone at the table will love.
Or make a pretzel breakfast sandwich bar, totally customizable so everyone can make their perfect pretzel bread sandwich.
Weekend brunch is one of my favorite meals of the week, and this pretzel bun breakfast sandwich is the perfect way to treat yo self! This is a fantastic recipe that is super customizable that everyone will love.
Each person in the family can add their own toppings to make their ultimate breakfast sandwich. So grab some pretzel buns (or make your own by following my easy no knead recipe here!), pile on the toppings, and dig in!
This Pretzel Bun Breakfast Sandwich Is
- Versatile & Customizable
- Great for hosting brunches or entertaining
- Ready in about 5-15 minutes
Easy Weekend Brunch Sandwiches!
This pretzel breakfast sandwich is what I call an Easy Weekend Meal – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those days when you want a tasty homecooked breakfast but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family.
Buy your brioche the day before (or make it the day before, my no knead recipe is here on The Herbeevore!) and prep your toppings in the morning. This crowd pleasing breakfast can be ready in no time… perfect for hungry guests just waking up.
Grow Sprouts Indoors for A Nutritious Crunch All Year Long!
I grow my own sprouts all year long on my kitchen counters… and believe me, it couldn’t be easier! All you need are some sprouting seeds (I like these alfalfa seeds, and these bean sprouts), wide-mouth mason jars, sprouting lids, and some tap water. An endless supply of sprouts will be at your culinary fingertips anytime.
I love grabbing a handful of alfalfa sprouts to add to a sandwich or a wrap, or adding a handful of bean sprouts to stir fries or ramen soup. I put together a list of all my favorite sprouting supplies – so you can enjoy fresh sprouts any time!
What’s In This Breakfast Sandwich with Pretzel Bread?
I get fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Pretzel Buns: you can use store bought… or EASILY make your own! I used these homemade buns for the ultimate sandwich. My sourdough pretzel bun recipe makes 6 large buns… or you can bake them into 10 smaller sliders. Great for hosting a few guests!
- Toppings for the sandwich! Eggs & bacon are classic, but here are some other amazing ideas to top your sandwich with!
- Avocado: I love this fruit, avocados are one of my favorite foods of all time. I used to love getting loads of fresh ripe avocados from my friend’s trees when I lived in California. Now that I’m on the East Coast, my love of avocados is still strong, but I get them at Whole Foods instead of freshly picked. If you want to level up your avocado game, my avocado lime salad recipe is a breakfast sandwich favorite!
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Bell Pepper: If you don’t have fresh peppers, these sweet roasted red peppers are a great substitute! I love adding them to breakfast bakes, sandwiches or wraps, and soups.
- Cream Cheese
- Kalamata Olives: make sure they are pitted! I love the rich briney flavor of these herby kalamata olives, which have a purple hue and a really nice flavor. These Greek olives are fantastic for adding to salads, to dips, or just as a quick snack. I like to use these olive packs, which are great for when you need a handful of olives like in this dish.
- Pineapple Slices: the sweetness of the brioche is the perfect vehicle for this amazing canned sliced pineapple! Top with ham and some slices of bell pepper for a fantastic breakfast sandwich from the tropics.
- Sliced Tomato
- Hummus of choice!
Or mix/match all of these amazing toppings for a make-your-own-breakfast-sandwich-bar for the perfect brunch! A great recipe idea for entertaining for a brunch, anniversary party, potluck, baby shower, or bridal brunch. Simple and everyone can make their own custom pretzel sandwich.
A Great Clean-Out-The-Fridge Breakfast Sandwich Recipe!
This pretzel bread breakfast sandwich recipe is the perfect vehicle to use up any older produce, spreads, dips, or veggies you have on hand. Add your favorite ingredients and enjoy! A fantastic way to use ripe produce before it goes bad – this breakfast is delicious.
And if your buns are a little stale, just slice, scramble a few eggs, dip each side of the bread in the egg mixture, and you have French toast to make a breakfast sandwich with.
More Easy Brunch Favorites You’ll Love!
Share These Pretzel Bread Breakfast Sandwiches
As always, if you make this vegetarian pretzel sandwich recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Pretzel Bun Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- Toast the slices of brioche until they are golden brown.
- Cook eggs according to your favorite method (scrambling, over easy, poached, etc.)
- On each sandwich, spread 1 piece of brioche bread with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese. Add the slice of tomato, fried egg, and alfalfa sprouts on top. Add any other toppings above that you love, and mangia!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell produce & pantry staples (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! Give Misfits Market a look if you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!