This Herb Focaccia Bread recipe is simple to make, and loaded with fresh and dried herbs! Add your favorite toppings and serve with soups, stews, or chili!
This Herby Focaccia Bread Recipe Is:
- Vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, egg free
One of the BEST Pantry Focaccia Recipes
This homemade herb focaccia recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand already. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Sheet Pan Herb Focaccia Bread Recipe?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Instant Yeast: I recently tried out this instant yeast on a whim (normally I buy active dry) and I absolutely love it! Instant yeast is great for both overnight breads and this easy quick whole wheat sliced bread recipe too!
- Granulated Sugar: I like this organic sugar for my recipes, it has a really nice texture in these cookies, I’d recommend Anthony’s organic sugar for baking.
- All Purpose Flour: I normally use King Arthur organic all purpose flour for all my baking recipes, I love the consistency and texture of the crumb this flour produces. If you are gluten free, then a gluten free flour would be a nice substitute in this dish.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
- Italian Seasoning Blend: usually has thyme, basil, rosemary, parsley, etc. I love this bright and flavorful Italian season mix which brings this amazing dish to life.
Make Focaccia Bread Egg Free for a Plant-Based Version
This egg free focaccia with herbs bread is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make better meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and tasty recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
How Do I Make this Dairy Free Focaccia Bread Recipe?
- In a bowl, mix the warm water, active yeast, and sugar and allow the mixture to dissolve for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the flour, salt and Italian seasoning. Stir well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add the water and yeast to the flour little by little, stirring every 1/2 cup or so. Dough should be shaggy when all ingredients are mixed together.
- Cover dough bowl for about 2 hours, allowing the dough to rise in a warm space.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a 13×9 sheet pan, pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the dough, and gentry knead it out so it fills the sheet pan. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes. Use your fingers to poke holes in the dough, go all the way to the sheet pan. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top. Sprinkle top with a touch of extra salt.
- Bake focaccia for 20-25 minutes until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
What Do I Eat Focaccia With?
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Herb Focaccia Bread Recipe
If you make this easy herb focaccia recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Herb Focaccia Bread
- In a bowl, mix the warm water, active yeast, and sugar and allow the mixture to dissolve for about 10 minutes until the yeast starts to foam.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and chopped parsley. Stir well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add the water and yeast to the flour little by little, stirring every 1/2 cup or so. Dough should be wet and shaggy when all ingredients are mixed together.
- Knead dough with your hands for about 5 minutes until it forms a ball. Drizzle the olive oil over the dough to coat, and place the dough back into the mixing bowl.
- Cover bowl for about 2 hours, allowing the dough to rise in a warm space.
- Preheat oven to 440 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a sheetpan with parchment paper. Once the dough has risen, tip it onto the sheet pan. Gently knead it out so it fills the sheet pan. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes. Use your fingers to poke holes in the dough, go all the way to the sheet pan.
- Bake focaccia for 20-25 minutes until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle extra Italian herbs, course sea salt, and parsley on top before serving.
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore!