This focaccia sandwich recipe with green goddess hummus has fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and spinach right from the garden. Loaded with bright, creamy, herby hummus.
Great as a no-cook light lunch for lazy days!
This Focaccia Sandwich Recipe Is:
- Vegan, vegetarian, and dairy free
- Perfect for summer: no cooking required!
Easy Homemade Focaccia and Sandwich Breads
Baking bread is one of my favorite things to do on the weekly. Every weekend I whip up a 4-Ingredient No Knead bread, an Easy Clay Pot Bread, or even a simple basic Sourdough. I decided to get a little fancy and try my hand at focaccia, which turned out absolutely delicious.
My easy overnight focaccia recipe is simple and herby, this bread bakes right on a sheet pan and is great to use as a sandwich bread, to dip into homemade hummus, or to serve with a side of pasta.
What’s In This Vegan Focaccia Sandwich with Hummus?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Spinach
- Focaccia Bread: I made simple homemade rosemary focaccia as the base for this sandwich. And let me tell you, there is nothing better than fresh homemade bread!
- Green Garden Hummus: again, a simple herby hummus made from scratch. It’s fantastic as a spread too, so I layered this hummus on both sides of the focaccia.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: A favorite in this household! Its a mix of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, granulated onion, and salt & pepper. It gives the sandwich a little kick!
- Your Favorite Vegetables – I added fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, which were delicious paired with my herby hummus. Add your favorite veggies to your sandwich!
More Sandwich Fillings You’ll Love
You could also enjoy this with traditional meat fillings too. Chicken salad, roast beef, sliced turkey, or honey ham would be fantastic additions.
Focaccia bread is so versatile, and makes a fantastic sandwich with almost any filling.
On the focaccia, I spread my super simple Green Garden Hummus. It takes 5 minutes to make, and couldn’t be easier. It gives this vegan garden hummus sandwich a bright and earthy texture. The creaminess works really well with the crunchy vegetables, so I wasn’t shy about piling it on!
How Do I Make This Vegetarian Focaccia Sandwich?
- Slice focaccia in half, spread a tablespoon of hummus on each half of the bread.
- Stack cucumbers, tomatoes, and baby spinach on the bottom half. Add a few shakes of Everything Bagel Seasoning over the top of the sandwich before closing.
- Slice in half, and enjoy!
Versatility is Key!
You can absolutely substitute any bread, or any hummus in this sandwich. I am a big believer of substituting ingredients that you have on hand (rather than going out to buy one little thing) so if you have an open container of hummus, or different veggies, by all means use them!
More Favorite Summer Lunches You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Focaccia Sandwich with Veggies!
If you make this easy focaccia sandwich with vegetables recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
- Slice focaccia in half, spread a tablespoon of hummus on each side.
- Stack cucumbers, tomatoes, and baby spinach on the bottom half. Add a few shakes of Italian seasoning, and a drizzle of olive oil and vinegar over the top of the Sandwich before closing.
- Slice on half, and enjoy!
Save Money on Fresh Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!shed avocado worked wonders!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!