This Garden Hummus recipe is bright and flavorful, packed with fresh herbs and greens. Great for using extra garden veggies to dip into! Serve along side fresh pita bread, crackers, or serve as a spread on your next sandwich or wrap.
This Garden Hummus Recipe Is:
- Packed with flavor
- Vegan, Gluten Free, Oil Free
Normally hummus is just the vehicle for getting chips, crackers, or bread into my mouth (not even going to lie). But this garden hummus has loads of veggies, and also is great to dip veggies into! I love spicy radishes, and cool cucumbers loaded up with this green garden hummus.
You can also eat this hummus as a spread for sandwiches, wraps, or on toast! I made a delicious sandwich on homemade focaccia bread and loaded it up with this green garden hummus! I also uses fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden to make this sandwich extra summery!
What’s In This Garden Hummus Recipe?
- Cooked Chickpeas: The recipe calls for canned chickpeas, but I usually use my Intant Pot to make perfect chickpeas. If you are using canned, then make sure you get a no salt added variety, or lightly salted. This recipe uses the chickpea cooking liquid so make sure there isn’t too much sodium in the canned beans.
- Parsley: my favorite herb! Fresh parsley is ansolutely delish and gives everything a bright fantastic flavor.
- Basil: not just for pesto, fresh basil makes the hummus sweet and earthy.
- Green Onions: picked fresh from the garden, these green onions bring the spicy and bold scallion flavor
- Kale: For color and that fresh, earthy flavor
- Garlic: a classic hummus ingredient that gives hummus its delicious tang
- Cumin: or coriander spices, packs a ton of flavor into the dip
- Lemon Juice: for a light, bright finish
How Do I Make This Garden Hummus?
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse on low, and increase speed. Blend until hummus is a smooth consistency.
- Serve as a dip with crudite, pita chips, or as a spread on a sandwich or wrap.
- This recipe is gluten free!
- It’s also vegan, vegetarian, and dairy free.
- Not to mention Refined Sugar Free, and Oil Free.
- If you don’t like chickpeas, you can substitute them for a different white bean.
Other Summer Appetizers We Love!
As always, if you make this green garden hummus recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Garden Hummus Recipe with Fresh Herbs (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 2 (13.5 ounce) cans No-Salt-Added chickpeas save the cooking liquid
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh kale
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lemon juiced
- Add all ingredients (including the chickpea cooking water) to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse on low, and increase speed. Blend until hummus is a smooth consistency. Serve with crudite, pita chips, or as a spread on a sandwich or wrap.