This rainbow Greek salad is perfect for a pot luck, brunch, or game day party! Filled with artichokes, olives, roasted peppers, and feta this salad is as impressive as it is delicious.
This Pot Luck Greek Salad Is:
- Tart & Slilghtly Sweet from the dressing
- Awesome to make for a crowd
- A crowd-pleaser recipe!
I will always be the person bringing veggies to the party! And this pot luck Greek salad makes it super easy to do just that. I love giant loaded salads, especially when there are so many delicious vegetables to add. I made this salad on request for a Super Bowl party, and it got rave reviews! My other favorite Game Day recipe is my Marinated Oven Baked Veggie Kabobs. Those were also a huge hit!
What’s In This Pot Luck Greek Salad?
- Mixed Greens for the base: but you can use any lettuce or spinach that you like for a salad base
- Chopped Veggies: carrots, tomatoes, olives, roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts! This is super versatile so you can swap out any veggies you have on hand and add them to your salad.
- Chickpeas: for some plant protein
- Dressing: A delicious and homemade greek dressing with olive oil, fresh garlic, and red wine vinegar!
I love all the colors and flavors in this salad! The red peppers are beautiful with the yellow carrots, purple olives, and deep green lettuce leaves. It looks really impressive to make, but couldn’t be easier! If you don’t have the exact ingredients below, feel free to substitute for any produce you have in the fridge or pantry.
I learned from making my LIFE-CHANGING Greek Pasta Salad, that nothing beats a homemade dressing! I used a similar dressing recipe to my Greek pasta salad, but scaled it down a bit. The herbs, garlic, honey, and red wine vinegar give the salad a sweet zing! The dressing takes 5 minutes to put together, so I would highly recommend making it yourself (rather than store bought). I’m a fan of making cooking easier, but nothing is better than a delicious homemade salad dressing.
A Few Other Pot Luck Crowd Pleaser Recipes:
As always, if you make this pot luck Greek salad be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Pot Luck Greek Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette (Vegan, Gluten Free, Party Recipe)
For the Salad
- 10 cups mixed greens or lettuce of choice
- 1 cup kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup roasted red peppers sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 2 cups chickpeas drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (or dairy-free crumbled cheese
For the Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the washed mixed greens to the bottom.
- Arrange the kalamata olives, carrots, red peppers, avocado, artichoke hearts, chickpeas and tomatoes on top of the salad (I like the group the ingredients together so it looks pretty!
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- For the dressing, add all ingredients to a pint sized mason jar, and shake to combine.
- Keep the salad and the dressing separate, until ready to serve. Just before serving, add the dressing and toss the salad to evenly coat.