A super yummy Make-Ahead Vegan Party Recipe that will satisfy even the pickiest meat-eaters! Marinading the veggies overnight gives these kabobs (or kebabs) amazing flavor – perfect for any party, gathering, or BBQ.
Our friends invited us over for the Super Bowl last weekend, and one of them is doing the Whole30 diet so I wanted to bring something she could also eat that was meatless! After searching the internet for hours for different dips, hummus, or side dishes I gave up – and decided on something simple, healthy, and yummy like Veggie Kabobs. BUT I wanted to turned these up a notch- so to give them more flavor than plain veggies I marinated them over night!
And drumroll…. were a HUGE hit! The marinade really makes all the difference and infuses the veggies with so much flavor while they sit overnight. I got a lot of positive comments on the kabobs – especially on the pineapple. Since all the veggies were marinading together overnight the sweetness from the pineapple mixed in with the other flavors and everything ended up tasting perfect.
I really love bringing something healthy to Super Bowl or holiday parties (I am always that person with the veggie tray or a fruit salad). You can really use any types of veggies and any marinade – but the below recipe was the one that I had success with!
These kabobs were also super easy to make since I could prep them ahead of time. I chopped all the veggies and made the marinade the day before… and put the kabobs together before the party. It was much easier than scrambling at the last minute for something healthy to bring.
Oven-Baked Marinated Veggie Kabobs (Gluten-Free, Vegan, Party Recipe)
For the Kabobs
- 3 large green peppers seeded
- 3 large red peppers seeded
- 1 large pineapple
- 4 zucchini
- 3 onions
- 1 lb. button mushrooms washed with damp cloth
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari/soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic minced through garlic press
- 3 tablespoons Montreal Steak Spice
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
The Day Before
- Add all Marinade Ingredients to a large mason jar, and shake to combine.
- Wash and chop all veggies and pineapple into bite sized pieces - about 1 inch in length. Place into the largest bowl you have and cover with marinade - wrap and keep overnight in the fridge.
Day Of Cooking
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees Ferenheit
- If using bamboo/wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20-30 minutes while you prep the kabobs.
- Skewer the veggies in any order you want - I like to alternate colors to make them look pretty 🙂
- Place skewers on a oven rack covered with foil, bake for 15-20 minutes.