These veggie kabobs in the oven are a simple and delicious side dish recipe that go great with just about anything! These vegetables are placed on skewers and tossed with olive oil and spices, and baked to perfection.
These oven baked veggie skewers are simple to make, and are a great dish to serve at your next gathering, party, or cookout. They bake in less than 30 minutes, and will go fast once you put them out. A little something for everyone!
These oven baked veggie kabobs are a delicious and fun way to eat your veggies! I added all of my favorites to these skewers: bell peppers, zucchini, onions, pineapple (not a veggie, but taste amazing when baked!), and mushrooms for a fantastic flavor.
These are great to throw into the oven to enjoy with roasted chicken, beef, or crispy baked tofu, and go with just about any main dish you serve. They’re also a fun and colorful way to get kids to enjoy veggies too – just have them make their own with their favorite vegetables for a customizable side dish. I’ve bought these to parties, potlucks, and they are always a huge hit.
These Oven Baked Veggie Kabobs Are:
- Loaded with Flavor
What’s In These Oven Baked Vegetable Kabobs Recipe?
I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Veggies (and Fruits) of your choice! I used mushrooms, onions, zucchini, bell pepper, and of course a little pineapple for sweetness.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Montreal Steak Spice: Our favorite spice blend, probably the one we use most in our home! Montreal Steak Spice is a blend of garlic, pepper, salt, oregano, crushed pepper flakes, and a little dill for an amazing flavor.
- Tellicherry Black Pepper: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. This pepper is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor! I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
Make Veggie Kabobs in the Oven!
No grill? No problem! These simple vegetable kabobs cook up quick and can be baked in your oven. I really love bringing something healthy to Super Bowl or holiday parties (I am always that person with the veggie tray or a fruit salad). You can really use any types of veggies and spice for this one- but the below recipe was the one that I had success with!
Oven Baked Vegetable Skewers for a Simple Side Dish
This vegetable kebobs are a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
How To Cook Veggie Kabobs in the Oven
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If using bamboo/wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20-30 minutes while you prep the kabobs.
- Skewer the veggies in any order you want – I like to alternate colors of the vegetables for maximum variety.
- Place skewers on a oven rack covered with foil, bake for 15-20 minutes.
These kabobs were also super easy to make since I could prep them ahead of time. I chopped all the veggies the day before and put the kabobs together before the party. It was much easier than scrambling at the last minute for a healthy side dish to bring.
More Vegetable BBQ Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Used For My Vegetable Kabobs in the Oven:
I got the fresh produce for this recipe from my Misfits Market box – they sell all organic produce at a very discounted price, and purchase right from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love the seasonal variety. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
As always, if you make this vegetable kabob recipe in the oven be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Veggie Kabobs in the Oven
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If using bamboo/wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20-30 minutes while you prep the kabobs. If using metal skewers, skip this step.
- Skewer the chopped veggies in any order you want - I like to alternate colors of the vegetables for maximum variety. I did: red onion, mushroom, zucchini, pineapple, orange bell pepper, and red bell pepper.
- Place skewers on a oven rack covered with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil, Montreal Steak Spice, garlic powder, and black pepper over the skewers, Turn skewers in the pan to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. I broiled mine for an additional 3 minutes after to get char on the peppers (optional).
Save Money on Grocery Delivery!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!