Sheet pan gnocchi with butternut squash & roasted vegetables is a hearty one pan dinner recipe. This sheet pan meal is vegan, dairy free, ready in 30 minutes.
It makes a tasty and delicious one pan pasta that cooks on a sheet pan. Easy clean up too!
It’s fall which means butternut squash makes a weekly appearance on our table! This easy sheet pan gnocchi with butternut squash is a simple one pan pasta that everyone will love. The oven does all the work, and you can prep a yummy sage and vegan butter sauce for the pasta when it’s done cooking.
We grew SO many butternut squash in our garden this year, it was one of our best crops. We’re well into winter now and still enjoying the our squash harvest.
This Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Butternut Squash Recipe Is:
- Packed with flavor
- Versatile: use whatever veggies you have on hand
- Great for seasonal ingredients
- Vegan & can be made gluten free with GF gnocchi
Easy Gnocchi Recipes for the Win!
I’ve always loved gnocchi, even since I was a kid. I like it with a my signature 5-Ingredient San Marzano tomato sauce, bright and fresh pesto, or dressed simply with vegetables and butter… like this dish! This was my first time ever cooking gnocchi in the oven and WOW was it easy! No water needed, and the gnocchi came out soft, pillowy, and a little crispy on the outside. Absolute pasta perfection.
Make Butternut Squash Gnocchi Vegetarian for a Plant-Based Version
This vegetarian butternut squash gnocchi is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegetarian cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegetarian pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make better meals for you and your family.
I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegetarian recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and tasty recipes are fantastic meatless meals for your table.
What’s In This Sheet Pan Gnocchi Pasta Recipe?
I get fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Butternut Squash and Kale
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
- Fresh Sage
Sheet Pan Gnocchi For Hands-Off Cooking
I’m a huge fan of sheet pan dinner recipes– I love making anything that allows for hands-off cooking and only cleaning one pan! This recipe came to me after experimenting with a whole week of making a different sheet-pan meal each day. I loved the idea of making a garlic & dairy-free butter sauce with the butternut squash. Those flavors are so good together on their own, and even better on top of gnocchi.
Comfort Food One Pan Pastas for the WIN!
This sheet pan gnocchi with butternut squash is the tastiest, coziest dinner meal. It’s perfect for a hearty meal for the family, and also great to make for company if you are having guests for dinner. It makes a great holiday meal as well. The oven does most of the work, so you can enjoy hands-off time while you prep sides or a salad!
The roasted vegetables were perfect, especially the kale since it begins to crisp as it bakes. And the bold flavor of the sage works really well in a delicate butter sauce. This was super easy to make, and such a fun way to cook gnocchi in the oven!
What Should I Serve with This Sheet Pan Gnocchi Recipe?
Dietary Modifications for this Oven Baked Gnocchi
- While this recipe is totally vegan, you can use regular butter if you eat dairy
- Make sure the gnocchi you are using is gluten free if you are GF… some potato and chickpea gnocchis still have wheat.
- This is also nut free & refined sugar free!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Vegetables
If you make this easy butternut gnocchi bake recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- On a large sheet pan add butternut squash, garlic, red onion, and gnocchi. Add the olive oil and herbs de Provence and toss together to combine.
- Place sheet pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until veggies begin to crisp. Remove pan from oven, and toss veggies and gnocchi. Add the kale to the pan, tossing so the oil coats the kale. Put sheet pan back in oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from oven, and coat the gnocchi and veggies with the butter sauce. Enjoy!
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!