This vegan avocado pesto is made in 5 minutes in the blender or food processor, and can be frozen for later. Dairy Free, No Salt, and 100% Plant-Based!
I love pesto on EVERYTHING, and this easy avocado version is quick to make in 5 minutes. A big batch of this healthy, creamy sauce sure goes a long way. I mix it in with pasta and add a scoop to my risotto for a low sodium burst of flavor.
While basil and pine nuts are the traditional pesto ingredients, but this version features a new take. I put parsley in everything I can, its my favorite herb for sure! Adding parsley AND basil to this pesto really kicks it up a notch.
This Vegan Avocado Parsley Pesto has a great texture and flavor combination. The fresh herbs brighten the flavor. The avocado and olive oil give the pesto a silky texture. And the lemon juice, fresh garlic, and red pepper flakes give this pesto a kick!
This is an amazing low sodium condiment – I stir it into all kinds of dishes instead of salt. I would recommend putting a scoop into soup or risotto to give great flavor without the salt!
As always, if you make this parsley avocado pesto be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Avocado Parsley Pesto (Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30, Low Sodium)
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 bunch parsley stems removed
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemons juiced
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup water optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- If pesto is too thick or gets stuck while blending, add the water 1/4 cup at a time until it loosens into a thinner consistency.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container (or freeze) until ready to use. Should last about 4 days in the fridge.