This vegan avocado parsley pesto is made in 5 minutes in the blender or food processor, and can be frozen for later. Dairy Free, No Salt, and 100% Plant-Based!
I love pesto on EVERYTHING, and this easy avocado parsley pesto is quick to make in 5 minutes. A big batch of this healthy, creamy sauce sure goes a long way. I mix it in with pasta and add a scoop to my risotto or toast for a low sodium burst of flavor.
What’s In This Avocado Parsley Pesto Recipe?
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Walnuts: because YUM. I stocked up a few bags of these Amazon-brand walnuts which are super cheap and a great value for the quality.
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great powdered lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails.
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes: for a little heat! if you don’t like spice, you can absolutely skip them in this recipe.
Add Pesto To Pasta Salads Instead of Dressings!
While basil and pine nuts are the traditional pesto ingredients, this version features a new twist. I put parsley in everything I can, its my favorite herb for sure! Adding parsley AND basil to this pesto really kicks it up a notch.
This Vegan Avocado Parsley Pesto has a great texture and flavor combination. The fresh herbs brighten the flavor. The avocado and olive oil give the pesto a silky texture. And the lemon juice, fresh garlic, and red pepper flakes give this pesto a kick!
One of the BEST Low Sodium Vegetarian Recipes
This is an amazing low sodium condiment – I stir it into all kinds of dishes instead of using salt. The herbs add a ton of bright and fresh flavor to any dish. I would recommend putting a scoop into soup or risotto to give great flavor without the salt! Or toss with pasta to make a classic low sodium pesto pasta. Or add a scoop to low sodium bread for a simple and easy garlic bread. The possibilities are endless!
Other Low Sodium Vegan / Vegetarian Recipes You’ll Love!
And check out all my low sodium recipes here…. you can have amazing flavor without the salt! (Note: I am not a medical professional, so please make sure you follow the amount of sodium that your doctor recommends. I’m here to provide you some great low sodium options as inspiration only!)
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Parsley Avocado Pesto Recipe:
As always, if you make this parsley avocado pesto be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Avocado Parsley Pesto (Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30, Low Sodium)
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 bunch parsley stems removed
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemons juiced
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup water optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- If pesto is too thick or gets stuck while blending, add the water 1/4 cup at a time until it loosens into a thinner consistency.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container (or freeze) until ready to use. Should last about 4 days in the fridge.