This avocado parsley pesto sauce recipe is made in 5 minutes in the blender or food processor, and can be frozen for later.
I love pesto on pretty much everything, and this easy avocado parsley pesto is quick to make in 5 minutes. A big batch of this flavorful, creamy sauce sure goes a long way. I mix it in with pasta and add a scoop to my risotto or toast for a tasty & herby burst of flavor.
While basil and pine nuts are the traditional pesto ingredients, but this version features a new twist. I put parsley in everything I can, its my favorite herb for sure! Adding parsley AND basil to this pesto really kicks it up a notch.
This Vegan Avocado Parsley Pesto has a great texture and flavor combination. The fresh herbs brighten the whole dish. The avocado and olive oil give the pesto a silky texture. And the lemon juice, fresh garlic, and red pepper flakes give this pesto a kick!
This Avocado Parsley Pesto Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Flavor
- Ready in 5 minutes
- Requires no cooking!
What’s In This Avocado Parsley Pesto Recipe?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Walnuts: because YUM. I stocked up a few bags of these Amazon-brand walnuts which are super cheap and a great value for the quality.
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great powdered lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails.
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes: for a little heat! if you don’t like spice, you can absolutely skip them in this recipe.
What’s the Best Food Processor for Pesto?
We have this fantastic CuisinArt Food Processor that has lasted us years and years, and I have to say I’ve been very happy with it! It gets weekly use, and is great for chopping ingredients for sauces, making hummus, and pureeing vegetables. It’s really basic and inexpensive and gets the job done! While you can make this pesto in a blender, I prefer the texture of the food processor to get the herbs just right.
Make Avocado Parsley Pesto Vegan
This vegan avocado pesto with parsley is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make better meals for you and your family.
Read my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and tasty recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
More Vegan & Vegetarian Recipes You’ll Love!
Share This Parsley Avocado Pesto Recipe
If you make this easy avocado parsley pesto recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Avocado Parsley Pesto
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- If pesto is too thick or gets stuck while blending, add the water 1/4 cup at a time until it loosens into a thinner consistency.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container (or freeze) until ready to use. Should last about 4 days in the fridge.
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Can You Freeze Pesto?This pesto is awesome to freeze for later. I love to double the recipe and have a few extra jars in the freezer for easy weeknight meals! I stir the pesto into Pasta or into Risotto, its an awesome addition many savory dishes.
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!