This tofu cream cheese recipe is loaded with flavor from fresh garlic and herbs! This plant-based cream cheese is vegan, gluten free, and can be made oil free.
Great for spreading on a homemade sourdough bagel, on an English muffin, or as the base of a party dip.
This Vegan Herb Cream Cheese Recipe Is:
- High Protein
- Loaded with Flavor
- Ready in about 5 minutes
- Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
5 Minute Tofu Cream Cheese = Easy Weekend Breakfasts
This vegan tofu cream cheese recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a tasty homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family.
From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a quick meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering from your local breakfast diner!
What’s In This Silken Tofu Cream Cheese Recipe?
I get fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Tofu:I like using silken tofu for this recipe, it gives the cream cheese a great texture.
- Garlic: you can use fresh garlic, or this great jarred organic garlic if you don’t have fresh.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: I use Bragg’s with the mother ACV which has an awesome flavor. We always keep some of this ACV in our pantry!
- Olive Oil: I add just a little for creaminess and flavor. I like this olive oil which is a great value – it has a nice mellow flavor and is pretty inexpensive… a good deal for the quality!
- Parsley: I used fresh
- Basil: also fresh
- Garlic Salt: I love using this garlic salt in any savory recipe that would call for normal salt – it adds a kick of flavor and spice to any dish.
- Green Onions
One of the BEST Dairy Free Cream Cheese Recipes
Believe it or not, this silken tofu cream cheese recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. And if you don’t have fresh herbs, you can use dried spices. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
How Do I Make Tofu Cream Cheese?
- Add the tofu, garlic, apple cider vinegar, parsley, garlic salt, and basil to a blender. Blend for a minute until smooth (add a teaspoon of water if your blender seizes up). Pour cream cheese into a bowl and Fold in the green onions, cover, and place in the refrigerator to set for 3 to 4 hours.
- Spread on bagels, sandwiches, wraps, and enjoy… Mangia!
Note: if you don’t have fresh parsley or basil, you can use dried. Just use 1 tablespoon of each herb instead of 1/4 cup of the fresh.
You can also make this tofu cream cheese oil free by replacing the olive oil with 1 tablespoon of water.
Make Cream Cheese Dairy Free & Vegan for a Dairy Free Version
This vegan cream cheese with tofu is a simple way to get extra plants in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make better meals for you and your family.
I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
Other Easy Vegan Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love!
Share This Silken Tofu Cream Cheese Recipe:
If you make this easy tofu cream cheese recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Tofu Cream Cheese
- Add the tofu, garlic, apple cider vinegar, parsley, garlic salt, and basil to a blender. Blend for a minute until smooth (add a teaspoon of water if your blender siezes up). Pour cream cheese into a bowl and Fold in the green onions, cover, and place in the refrigerator to set for 3 to 4 hours.
- Spread on bagels, sandwiches, wraps, and enjoy… Mangia
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!