This everything bagel egg salad sandwich is a vegetarian keto lunch recipe loaded with low carb egg salad, keto bread, and fresh sprouts. A meatless high protein sandwich that is creamy, delicious, and perfect for brunch.
This Everything Bagel Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe Is:
- Low in Carbohydrates: each full breakfast sandwich is less than 5 net carbs
- High in in Protein: 21g protein per sandwich
- High in Fiber: each sandwich has 13g of plant-based fiber
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Made with low carbohydrate Carbonaut bread
Vegetarian Keto Lunch Recipes for the WIN!
If you are on a ketogenic diet or choose to eat low carb, it can be difficult finding meatless meal ideas for lunch… or any time of day! This everything bagel egg salad sandwich with low carb bread is both plant-based and low in carbohydrates, making it a great and healthy choice for breakfast. Start your day off with a fresh and satisfying meal that will keep you full – without the carbs.
What’s In This Vegan Low Carbohydrate Breakfast Sandwich Recipe?
- Hard boiled eggs
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: I love this stuff, its amazing mixed in the egg salad and sprinkled on top. I like this Everything Bagel Seasoning best because it has double the sesame seeds… yum!
- Low Carb Bread: OK, this bread is the closest thing to magic I’ve tasted in a while – high in fiber and low in carbohydrates, this seeded bread is the perfect addition to a healthy and plant based breakfast!
- Classic Mayonnaise: I like to use this classic mayo to keep this recipe plant-based, but you can use whatever mayo that you would normally use in recipes. If you don’t normally like mayo, try my homemade dairy-free version… it’s creamy but still plant based.
- No Sugar Added Relish – I like this no sugar added relish to keep it keto friendly and low carb… but with the nice added sweetness of traditional relish.
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well, and the onion powder is great to add a little onion flavor to this dish… without actual onion. Avoid onion breath and use powder onion instead of fresh for this recipe.
- Sprouts: I love to load ’em on! I used alfalfa sprouts, which give this breakfast sandwich the perfect crunch. Plus, spouts are a healthy way to add nutrition into your breakfasts.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Grow Sprouts Indoors for A Nutritious Crunch All Year Long!
I grow my own sprouts all year long on my kitchen counters… and believe me, it couldn’t be easier! All you need are some sprouting seeds (I like these alfalfa seeds, and these bean sprouts), wide-mouth mason jars, sprouting lids, and some tap water. An endless supply of sprouts will be at your culinary fingertips anytime. I love grabbing a handful of alfalfa sprouts to add to a sandwich or a wrap, or adding a handful of bean sprouts to stir fries or ramen soup. I put together a list of all my favorite sprouting supplies – so you can enjoy fresh sprouts any time!
A Meatless Keto Lunch Recipe in 10 Minutes
This meatless keto egg salad sandwich recipe is ready from start to finish in just about 10 minutes… a great quick weekday lunch, or a simple brunch to make on the go for busy weekends. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those mornings when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering from a deli!
How Do I Make This Keto Vegan Breakfast Sandwich?
In a large bowl, add the hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
Add the celery, onion powder, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, and Everything bagel seasoning. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs.
Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle the top with a little extra everything bagel seasoning. Serve on low carb sandwich bread or a lettuce wrap, and load on the sprouts. Mangia!
Meal Prep Keto Egg Salad For the Win!
This vegetarian keto egg salad with everything bagel seasoning is the perfect recipe for healthy homemade meal prep. I am a huge fan of meal prepping, batch cooking, and making recipes ahead. I love the convenience of cooking once and being able to enjoy healthy homemade meals during the week when I don’t have time. There’s a whole section of TheHerbeevore.com dedicated to my favorite tried & true meal prep recipes. With just a little planning and prep, you can have a week’s worth of recipes ready in the time it would take to make one portion. Just batch cook, divide into individual containers, and place in the fridge or freezer for later! I also made a list of my favorite meal prep products on Amazon that I use weekly. They make cooking easy peasy.
Get the Same Ingredients I Used For This Low Carb Vegetarian Keto Egg Salad Sandwich:
As always, if you make this vegetarian keto egg salad sandwich recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Everything Bagel Egg Salad Sandwich
- 6 hardboiled eggs shells removed and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon relish you can use dill or sugar free sweet relish for keto
- 1/3 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
- Himalayan Sea Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 cup sprouts I used alfalfa
- 6 slices low carb bread the bread I use has 2 net carbs per slice
- In a large bowl, add the hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
- Add the celery, onion powder, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, and Everything bagel seasoning. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle the top with a little extra everything bagel seasoning. Serve on low carb sandwich bread or a lettuce wrap, and load on the sprouts. Mangia!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!