This vegan Greek salad recipe is perfect for a pot luck, brunch, or game day party! Filled with artichokes, olives, roasted peppers, and feta this salad is as impressive as it is delicious. No one will be able to tell it’s vegan.
The homemade red wine dressing elevates this Greek salad to the next level. This salad is the perfect starter or side dish with any pain course: pizza, pasta, or BBQ fare!
Greek salad are one of my absolute favorites! I love a giant bowl of salad with sweet peppers, bright tomatoes, briny olives, and a simple garlicky red wine dressing. It’s a delicious and refreshing salad that I could eat every single day!
I made this salad for a potluck, and it was a HUGE hit. This salad is loaded with so many delicious ingredients that no one noticed any dairy was missing. You can use a vegan feta cheese, which is a delicious substitute for traditional feta. Serve with pita bread and dig in!
This Pot Luck Greek Salad Is:
- Tart & Slightly Sweet from the dressing
- Awesome to make for a crowd
- A crowd-pleaser recipe!
A Fantastic Vegan Pot Luck Salad
I will always be the person bringing veggies to the party! And this pot luck vegan Greek salad makes it super easy to do just that. I love giant loaded salads, especially when there are so many delicious vegetables to add.
I made this salad on request for a Super Bowl party, and it got rave reviews! My other favorite Game Day recipe is my Oven Baked Veggie Kabobs. These recipes are perfect examples that plant-based food does NOT have to be boring.
What’s In This Vegan Greek Salad with Chickpeas?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Mixed Greens for the base: but you can use any lettuce or spinach that you like for a salad base
- Chopped Veggies: carrots, tomatoes, olives, roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts! This is super versatile so you can swap out any veggies you have on hand and add them to your salad.
- No Salt Added / Low Sodium Chickpeas: one of my favorite pantry staple ingredients! You can use canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s inexpensive & I like to keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value.
- Red Wine Vinegar: I used red wine vinegar for the marinade to give this dish a really nice bright Mediterranean flavor – for that, this red wine vinegar is my go-to!
- Oregano: a spice I always put in my salad dressings, marinades, or soups! Dried oregano has a bright and earthy flavor, and goes so well with the vegetables.
- Vegan Feta: yep, and it’s SO delicious! This vegan feta cheese will have dairy lovers unable to believe it’s plant-based.
I love all the colors and flavors in this salad! The red peppers are beautiful with the yellow carrots, purple olives, and deep green lettuce leaves. It looks really impressive to make, but couldn’t be easier! If you don’t have the exact ingredients below, feel free to substitute for any produce you have in the fridge or pantry.
Easy Homemade Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
I learned from making my Greek Pasta Salad, that nothing beats a homemade dressing! I used a similar dressing recipe to my Greek pasta salad, but scaled it down a bit. The herbs, garlic, agave, and red wine vinegar give the salad a sweet zing! The dressing takes 5 minutes to put together, so I would highly recommend making it yourself (rather than store bought). I’m a fan of making cooking easier, but nothing is better than a delicious homemade salad dressing.
More Pot Luck Crowd Pleaser Recipes You’ll Love:
Share this Dairy Free Greek Salad Recipe
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free Greek salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Vegan Greek Salad (Dairy Free)
For the Salad
- In a large bowl, add the washed mixed greens to the bottom.
- Arrange the kalamata olives, carrots, red peppers, avocado, artichoke hearts, chickpeas and tomatoes on top of the salad (I like the group the ingredients together so it looks pretty!
- For the dressing, add all ingredients to a pint sized mason jar, and shake to combine.
- Keep the salad and the dressing separate, until ready to serve. Just before serving, add the dressing and toss the salad to evenly coat. Add vegan feta right before serving.
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!