This vegan ramen noodle salad is the perfect meal prep lunch! I am obsessed with meal prepping: cooking large batch recipes on the weekend so I can enjoy easy meals throughout the week. You can check out all my meal prep friendly recipes here.
Salads can be difficult to meal prep because lettuce and spinach tends to wilt in the fridge over time, espeically once dressing is added. But this simple ramen noodle salad really stands up to meal prep. It’s made with hearty veggies like cabbage and carrots, and actually tastes better after a day or two in the fridge! So make ahead, and enjoy later.
This Vegan Ramen Noodle Asian Salad Is:
- Loaded with vegetables
- Great to meal prep or make ahead
- Vegan, vegetarian, and dairy free
What’s In This Crunchy Vegan Ramen Noodle Salad?
- Instant Ramen Noodles: I used Maruchan Oriental flavor because it’s vegan, or use you favorite vegan ramen that you have on hand. If you aren’t vegan, then use any flavor you’d like!
- Cabbage: I used both red and green for a bright fresh crunch in each bite, and for some awesome color.
- Carrots: you can shred or spiralize them. They add a nice sweetness to the salad.
- Green Onions: for a great depth of flavor in each bite.
- Peanuts: these are a must-add to the salad, they give a wonderful salty bit and a nice nutty flavor to the salad.
- Sesame Seeds: These add a sublte sesame flavor to the salad, and pair nicely with the toasted sesame oil in the dressing.
- Simple Dressing: Made with some of the flavor packet from the ramen, vegetable oil, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, maple syrup for sweetness, and freshly squeezed lime juice. You can add a few dashes of sriracha for some heat too!
How Do I Make This Ramen Noodle Asian Salad?
In a large bowl, add the crushed ramen noodles, red cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, green onions, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Mix and make the dressing.
To a mason jar, add all the dressing ingredients, and shake well to combine. Pour dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve and enjoy!
Other Satisfying Salad Recipes We Love!
As always, if you make this vegan ramen noodle salad be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Vegan Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe (Vegan, Meal Prep)
For the Salad
- 1 package ramen noodles crushed in to small pieces (I used Maruchan Oriental flavor because it's vegan, or use you favorite vegan ramen)
- 2 cups red cabbage finely chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage finely chopped
- 2 carrots cut into thin matchsticks
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds to top
For the Dressing
- 1/2 flavor packet from the ramen
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 lime juiced
- In a large bowl, add the crushed ramen noodles, red cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, green onions, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Mix and make the dressing.
- To a mason jar, add all the dressing ingredients, and shake well to combine. Pour dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve and enjoy!