This raw vegan avocado grapefruit salad is a bright & healthy way to start your day! Made with avocado, fresh grapefruit, lime juice, and basil, this recipe combines healthy fats with a vibrant citrus-y flavor. Easy to prep, and even easier to enjoy.
If you want avocados for breakfast and are getting a little tired of avocado toast…. this is the recipe for you! It may seem like a strange combination, but diced avocado and grapefruit together really makes an amazing pair and the flavors balance out each other perfectly.
I love this avocado grapefruit salad as a post-work out meal. Its great to eat as a recovery snack after hittin the gym!
Its filling but also feels very restorative and healthy. And keeps me full until lunch.
This is one of my new favorite flavor combinations – so when I buy a bag of avocados from the store, I always buy a bag of grapefruits too 🙂
As always, if you make this avocado grapefruit salad be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Avocado & Grapefruit Bowl (Raw Vegan, Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free)
- 1 avocado
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil julienned
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit carefully. Take a knife and score the avocado fruit lengthwise and then again crosswise, creating about 1 inch chunks of avocado. Make sure to carefully cut the fruit all the way to the skin without puncturing the skin. Take a spoon and scoop the scored avocado out into a bowl.
- Remove skin from the grapefruit (I like to use a paring knife rather than peeling it) and cube the grapefruit into 1 inch chunks. Mix into bowl with avocado.
- Julienne fresh basil, and combine with avocado and grapefruit.
- Juice half a lime into the fruit bowl, mix and serve immediately.