Baking 4 Ingredient No Knead Bread is our Saturday morning ritual! This pantry staple bread recipe transforms 3 simple ingredients + water into a delicious loaf of bread.
Game changing recipe right here! I never in a million years thought I would successfully bake anything, let alone an amazing loaf of perfectly crusty warm bread. This bread is great for entertaining- whats more impressive than a delicious loaf of homemade bread? No one has to know how easy it is!
We make this bread every weekend, no joke. Its great for a brunch, with a chili bar for dinner parties, or even to bring over to a friend/neighbor as a lil homemade gift – much more thoughtful (and yummy) than flowers.
This Pantry Staple Bread Recipe Is:
- Crunchy on the Outside and soft in the middle
- Made with Pantry Staple Ingredients only!
I’ve always thought bread was such an intimidating thing to make. I pictured endless measuring, kneading, using lots of specialty ingredients. But I never thought that a pantry staple bread recipe was in my future. I thought baking the perfect loaf at home was total unattainable, until…
Last (Canadian) Thanksgiving Brett’s cousin brought 2 loaves of his homemade bread to the gathering and after trying some, I had to have the recipe! They were absolutely perfect: soft and chewy in the middle with a great crunch outside.
I’ve always been intimidated by baking, but this recipe makes the process into something not scary at all. Mix the dry ingredients, add water, let rise overnight, fold, let rise again, and bake. Follow those easy steps you have a perfect, professional-looking, very impressive loaf of perfectly baked bread. Not to mention, you also will have a kitchen full of the smells of freshly baked bread, which is the best way to wake up on a weekend!
What In This Pantry Staple Bread?
Yep, that seriously it!
This is my most-requested recipe from my friends – people seriously cannot get enough of this bread. There’s something to be said for the art of simplicity here: nothing artificial, no preservatives, just 4 fresh ingredients.
4-Ingredient "No Knead" Bread Recipe
- 4 1/4 cups Bread Flour I used King Arthur’s, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp active yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, and yeast, mix to combine. Add water and stir together until the dough is soft and sticky. Cover with a tea towel, and let rise 12-18 hours (I usually do it overnight).
- Once the dough has risen, place a bread board on the counter and sprinkle with enough flour to cover the surface. Remove the dough onto the board, and begin folding. Take the corners closest to you and fold over the corners farthest from you, and repeat with the far corners and bring them in. Fold 5 or 6 times, and place back in the mixing bowl. Sprinkle the top of the dough with flour, and cover with a tea towel and allow dough to rise again for an additional 1-2 hours.
- When ready to bake, place a large cast-iron dutch oven pot into the oven. Heat the oven to 475 degrees Ferenheit with the pot inside. Once the oven reaches temperature, carefully remove the hot dutch oven pot, and place the dough into the pot. Cook covered for 30 minutes. Then remove the lid and cook uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- When bread is finished, carefully tip the bread from the pot onto a cooling rack. Cool until you can no longer resist 🙂