These light and flaky made-from-scratch homemade vegan biscuits recipe are ready in 30 minutes! Plant-based and dairy free. Great with jam or avocado for breakfast, served with soup, on top of pot pie, or just eaten plain.
This is also a fantastic vegan pantry staple recipe – easy to make with ingredients you have on hand in your cupboard!
These biscuits are nothing short of a vegan miracle (OK, that may be a little dramatic) ! They come together super quickly, are full of plant based ingredients, and are great to meal prep on the weekends.
I first made these biscuits to top my Vegetable Pot Pie recipe, which was delishhh on its own, but really transformed into something AMAZING with these biscuits on top! I was able to make the biscuits quickly while the pot pie was cooking on the stove top, so they didn’t really add and additional cooking time to my night.
I love baking a big loaf of overnight bread on Saturday mornings, but I may soon replace that bread with these easy biscuits! So good with jam or avocado! Awesome vegan comfort food.
As always, if you make this homemade vegan biscuits recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Fresh & Easy Homemade Biscuits (Vegan, Dairy Free)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cut the cold vegan butter into small chunks and work it by hand into the dry ingredients until the flour becomes dotted with butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir well until a shaggy dough forms.
- I hand-rolled the biscuits, forming into 2 inch spheres and gently pressing them in my palms to flatten slightly. But you can use a biscuit cutter if desired.
- Place the biscuits on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and cook for 12-15 minutes until they begin to brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!