This Eggplant Instant Pot Baba Ganoush recipe is a creamy, smoky Mediterranean dip made in the pressure cooker! With eggplant, garlic, tahini, and lemon juice this dip packs a ton of flavor while still being light.
I love the rich and smoky flavor of baba ganoush! It was actually the very first thing I made in my Instant Pot. Its great as a dip for pita or veggies, and is amazing on falafel or Homemade Vegan Tofu Shawarma Pitas!
This baba ganoush gets a smoky flavor from the liquid smoke, which is a great (albeit inauthentic) swap for roasting the eggplant. All you need is a pressure cooker, some basic ingredients, and you’re set!
This Eggplant Instant Pot Baba Ganoush Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Flavor
- Vegan, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Whole30, and Paleo approved
This recipe pressure cooks the eggplant right in the Instant Pot with some water, then blends together the rest of the ingredients into a smooth and creamy dip.
Make-Ahead Baba Ganoush Dip!
The flavors on this are incredible – the creamy eggplant and olive oil provide a nice base for a dip, the raw garlic gives a spicy flavor, and the tahini and lemon juice provide a nice acidity. This baba ganoush is ready in about 30 minutes, but can be easily made ahead for a party.
What’s In This Instant Pot Baba Ganouj?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Eggplant – I like to get medium sized egg plant (not to big or too small!) and was able to cook 2 in my Instant Pot at once.
- Tahini – tahini is ground sesame seed paste, which gives this dip a rich and nutty flavor. Tahini is the signature ingredient in hummus too, so I always keep a few jars of tahini in my pantry!
- Lemon Juice – Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great powdered lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails.
- Liquid Smoke – I added just a few drops of this liquid smoke flavoring which makes the baba ganoush taste more authentic… since this version is being cooked in the Instant Pot, the smokey addition really helps it taste legit.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this delicious Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Smoked Paprika – also gives the baba ganoush a nice hint of smoky flavor! I added smoked paprika on the top for color too, it makes the baba ganoush look professional.
- Salt & Pepper
30 Minute Baba Ganoush
This pressure cooker baba ganoush recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a tasty homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a quick meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
Instant Pot Baba Ganoush For the WIN
For all my recipes I use the 8-Quart Instant Pot Ultra, its larger than the standard models (which are only 6 quart) so I have extra room to meal prep and batch cook more meals for the week. The Ultra model also has some great extra settings like cake baking and yogurt making which are really neat. I love that everything can cook in one pot, which makes for way less dishes and hands-off cooking. The Instant Pot is hands-down my favorite kitchen appliance, and actually makes my life so much easier.
Share This Eggplant Instant Pot Baba Ganoush Recipe
As always, if you make this instant pot baba ganoush be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Eggplant Instant Pot Baba Ganoush
- Add the eggplants and water to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Set to ‘Pressure Cook’ for 20 minutes, and start the timer.
- After the 20 minutes, do a Quick Release on the Instant Pot, and remove the eggplant carefully and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the skin from the eggplant, and add the inside flesh to a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, liquid smoke, and olive oil. Pulse/blend until a smooth consistency. Taste, and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika, parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve on a salad, pita, or as a dip!
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!