This Naan With Instant Yeast recipe is made with all purpose flour, salt, sugar, and pantry staple ingredients – simple, easy, and cooks in 2 minutes. Vegan, dairy free, egg free! This simple flatbread is fantastic alongside curries, soups, and stews. You can even use this garlic naan flatbread as a pizza crust.
This Instant Yeast Garlic Naan Recipe Is:
- A Great Side Dish
- Vegan, Dairy Free, Egg Free
A Homemade Naan Bread Recipe That Tastes Like the Restaurant!
Getting a big basket of garlic naan flatbread is always one of the best things about going out to eat at an Indian Restaurant. One of our favorite restaurants (The Pubjab in Johnston RI!) makes the best Indian food around… and hands down the best garlic naan. I wanted to recreate the simple flatbread at home.
What’s In This Naan with Instant Yeast Bread?
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
- Instant Yeast: I recently tried out this instant yeast on a whim (normally I buy active dry) and I absolutely love it! Instant yeast is great for both overnight breads and this easy quick naan bread recipe too!
- All purpose flour: I like to use this flour which is amazing for baking anything: breads, cakes, muffins, etc. It’s my absolute go-to flour, and what I use to feed my sourdough starter.
- Fine Sea Salt: I like a fine ground sea salt for baking. Normally I like rock Himalayan salt, but I find that a fine grain salt distributes more evenly in breads and cakes.
- Olive oil: I like to use Zoe olive oil for everything in the kitchen – its has a great flavor and tastes amazing. I add it to this naan to give it extra flavor, and drizzle a little extra olive oil on top after cooking. At about $10 for a whole liter, it’s a pretty good value too.
- Garlic Powder: Also a major pantry staple ingredient that gets used in our house daily! I love this garlic powder and add it to a lot of recipes that I would use fresh garlic in too.
- Parsley to top
Make Naan Bread Vegan for a Healthy Version
This vegan yeast naan bread is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
How Do I Make This Yeast Naan Bread Recipe?
- Add all ingredients (except garlic + parsley) to a large bowl. Mix well to combine the dough. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, adding more flour if the dough is too sticky. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- To cook, heat a cast iron skillet until hot (I did this over medium-high heat, a 6 out of 10 on my electric stove). Divide the dough into 6 even disks and roll each until they are about 1/4inch thick.
- Place one piece of rolled dough on the hot skillet. Allow to cook for about 75 to 90 seconds, and flip. Cook the other side for about 45 to 60 seconds. The bread should be nice & crusty and have dark (but not burnt) marks.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil, raw garlic, and parsley. Enjoy!
The Best Recipes to Serve with Naan
Get the Same Ingredients I Use in My Vegan Naan Recipe!
I got the fresh produce for this recipe from my Misfits Market box – they sell all organic produce at a very discounted price, and purchase right from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love the seasonal variety. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here!
As always, if you make this vegan naan bread recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Naan With Instant Yeast
- cast iron pan
- To a large bowl, add the instant yeast, warm water, and sugar. Let it sit for 5 minutes until the yeast start to foam.
- Once the yeast has bloomed, add the flour and salt. And stir well to combine. Add the water and knead well until a sticky dough forms. Add the olive oil and place the bowl in a warm place to rise for at least 1 hour.
- To cook, heat a cast iron skillet until hot (I did this over medium-high heat, a 6 out of 10 on my electric stove). Divide the dough into 8 even disks and roll each until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place one piece of rolled dough on the hot skillet. Allow to cook for 60 to 90 seconds, and flip. Cook the other side for about 45 to 60 seconds. The bread should be nice & crusty and have dark (but not burnt) marks.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough - serve warm or at room temperature.
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!