This honey mustard macaroni salad recipe is the perfect picnic side, pot luck dish, or salad for your summer BBQ. Its a little savory, a little sweet, and loaded with fresh vegetables for a bright crunch.
As a beekeeper, I know honey! I love adding honey to all kinds of sweet and savory dishes. This honey mustard macaroni salad it tangy and delicious, and the bright honey mustard dressing gives an incredible flavor to the dish!
This is the year of the macaroni salad for me – I’ve been experimenting with different versions and recipes this summer. I have my Sweet Deli Macaroni Salad Recipe which gives that perfect deli-style crunch. Classic Macaroni Salad with a Greek Yogurt dressing for a lightened up version without mayo. This delish Hawaiian Macaroni Salad with pineapple is perfect for your next luau! Coleslaw Macaroni Salad for a crunchy, savory bite. And last but not least, my Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad combining two of our favorite dishes! Some serious midwestern eating going on over here.
Macaroni salad is so yummy served with anything coming off the grill. Its awesome with veggie burgers, hot dogs, fresh grilled corn, or any salad. This honey mustard salad is actually loaded with tons of vegetables in it, so it has a nice refreshing crunch in eat bite.
This Honey Mustard Macaroni Salad Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Vegetables
- Versatile: you can use any vegetables you have on hand, or swap in your favorites.
- Vegetarian and gluten free, and very easy to make vegan.
Ingredients for This Honey Mustard Macaroni Salad
I get fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Macaroni Noodles: or any small gluten-free pasta shape of your choice.
- Celery: for that extra crunch
- Carrots: for sweetness and crunch
- Bell Pepper: use any color you’d like, any variety will work.
- Greek Yogurt: I use this in the dressing instead of mayonnaise which is traditional. It lightens up the pasta salad a bit and gives it a delicious flavor (not to mention extra protein!). You can use regular, homemade, or a vegan version for plant-based.
- Sweet Relish: I used a prepared sweet relish.
- Yellow Mustard: I used the classic prepared yellow mustard, no fancy dijon here.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: for a nice acidity and a little kick. You can also use a white vinegar or any you prefer in a salad.
- Raw Honey: raw honey for a bit of sweetness. Maple syrup would also be a delicious substitute for a vegan option!
We have tons of raw honey straight from our beehives. We keep a few jars of honey each year for ourselves, but mostly give away what we gave to our friends and family. Last year we were able to harvest 3 times during the summer and fall, and I sold a lot of my honey at work too. Its my favorite natural sweetener for sure!
We always had macaroni salad in the fridge growing up… or at least for a day or two, it never lasted very long! I prefer a homemade version to the deli variety because I can add whatever veggies I want in it, and also control the amount of sodium in the dressing. We try to eat very low sodium over here, which is super difficult to monitor when buying prepared salads from the deli. You can check out my other low sodium recipes here!
How Do I Make This Deli Macaroni Salad with Honey Mustard Recipe?
This honey mustard macaroni salad is great to make ahead for a BBQ, party, or potluck. Make it the day before, cover and let it rest overnight, and it’s ready to go the following day! Like traditional pasta salad or coleslaw, this macaroni salad tastes better if made a day or two before.
- This recipe is vegetarian, and contains no meat in the macaroni salad.
- To make vegan, use a dairy-free or vegan Greek Yogurt which are super easy to find at the grocery store. Or make your own vegan mayo!
- To make gluten free, make sure the pasta or any ingredients are GF (relish, mayo, etc.)
- This recipe is refined sugar free, since honey is used as the sweetener. Just make sure there is no added sugar in the relish.
More Macaroni Salad Recipes You’ll Love
If you make this easy honey mustard mac salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Honey Mustard Macaroni Salad
For the Salad
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water, and add cooked macaroni to a large mixing bowl.
- To the macaroni, add the chopped carrots, celery, bell pepper, and relish.
For the Honey Mustard Dressing
- In a mason jar, add all ingredients together, seal with an airtight lid, and shake well to combine. Pour dressing over the macaroni and stir well to combine all ingredients. Enjoy!
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!