This Veggie Taco Bowl is a bright & healthy family dinner recipe! Fresh peppers, onions, lettuce on top of taco-spiced black beans and cilantro lime rice. A great way to mix it up for Taco Tuesday, Fiesta Friday, or any night of the week.
This bowl is built on a bed of easy cilantro lime rice, and topped with your favorite vegetables & guacamole. This veggie taco bowl recipe is vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, whole30 approved, and high in fiber… great for anyone at your table!
We regularly #TacoTuesday on our homestead, but I wanted to switch it up and make some extra spiced taco bowls with vegetables and black beans. This one-bowl recipe is SO simple to make – steam your rice, mix the black beans with spices, and chop your veggies.
Pile everything into a bowl, grab your hot sauce, pour yourself a margarita & enjoy. A fantastic lighter veggie taco bowl recipe that is spiced to perfection.
This Veggie Taco Bowl Recipe Is:
- Perfectly Spiced
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Vegan, dairy free, vegetarian, whole30, and paleo
Make Veggie Taco Bowls Vegan for a Healthy Version
This vegan taco bowl recipe is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family.
I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
What’s In These Vegetable Taco Rice Bowls?
- Cilantro, Bell Peppers, Onion, Lime – I stock up on organic produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, healthy pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Basmati Rice – definitely our most-used rice for recipes! I like basmati because it has typically has lower arsenic levels than other types of rice.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Black Beans: Use no salt added or low sodium beans for better flavor and control of the salt in this dish. I only use low or no sodium beans in my recipes. You can always add salt in, but it’s impossible to take out.
- Chili Powder: for a really nice flavor in these veggies – the chili powder isn’t spicy but will give you a rich and bright flavor.
- Smoked Paprika: give an additional depth of flavor to the fajitas.
- Oregano: a spice I always put in my chili, tacos, or fajitas! This dried oregano has a bright and earthy flavor, and goes so well with the roasted vegetables.
- Adobo Seasoning: a really fantastic blend of salt, pepper, garlic, and spice! I like to get one that doesn’t have a lot of salt it in, so I can control the amount of salt going into the dish.
Easy Spicy Vegetable Taco Rice Bowls
This one bowl taco recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
This recipe is super easy, and you can make the crema while the veggies are roasting away. These fajitas are great on warm corn or flour tortillas, which is the way I ate them… but my husband ate his over a bowl of cilantro lime rice. Either way is delicious!
Meal Prep Veggie Taco Bowls!
You can easily meal prep this vegetarian taco rice bowl recipe by following the below recipe and dividing it into a few equal portions to enjoy throughout the week. I love having a healthy homemade meal ready in my fridge during the busy weekdays. By meal prepping this recipe, you can cook once and have perfectly portioned meals ready to go. I rely heavily on meal prepping and created a whole section of the site to recipes you can meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead. Add the veggies to a container with some rice or guac. Heat + eat, you’re all set!
More Plant Based Taco Tuesday Recipes You’ll Love!
Creamy Vegan Queso (Dairy Free, Whole30, Paleo)
Fresh Mango Margarita (Refreshing Summer Cocktail)
The Best TVP Tacos (Vegan, Meatless, Vegetarian)
Spicy Black Beans in the Instant Pot (Vegan, Dairy Free)
Get the Same Ingredients for These Vegetable Taco Bowls:
As always, if you make this vegan and dairy free veggie taco bowl recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Veggie Taco Bowl
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup fresh cilantro plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 14 ounce can black beans with the canning liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Toppings I used lettuce, guacamole, and chili flakes
- Make the Rice: Cook rice according to package instructions. When it's finished, fluff with a fork, and add the lime juice and chopped cilantro to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Make the Black Beans: In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and bell peppers, and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and adobo seasoning. Then stir in the black beans, including the canning liquid. Simmer until beans are hot.
- To assemble your bowls: to each bowl add a scoop of the cilantro lime rice, a scoop of the taco spiced black beans, and your favorite vegetables on top. I used lettuce, onion, and more pepper on mine.
- Add a scoop of guacamole, your favorite salsa or hot sauce, and enjoy!
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!
Pingback:Pineapple Pico de Gallo Salsa Recipe
Pingback:Roasted Salsa with Fresh Tomatoes Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Bring on these dynamite tacos. Yum