Perfectly spicy black beans in the instant pot ready in under an hour! With chilis, peppers, onion, and spices these beans are perfect to meal prep, make ahead, or batch cook!
These black beans are a perfect pantry staple dinner, and a great way to use those extra dried beans you have in your cupboard.
These Instant Pot Black Beans Are:
- Great to meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead!
- Gluten Free
It’s official, I am never buying canned beans again! Cooking perfectly spiced beans in the instant pot couldn’t be easier or quicker.
These spicy black beans in the instant pot are PERFECT for any meal. Add them to vegan Huevos Rancheros for breakfast, a burrito bowl for lunch, or accompanying sheet pan fajitas for dinner!
Whats In This Spicy Bean Recipe?
- Dried black beans, no soaking ahead of time
- Canned Green Chilis
- Canned tomatoes
- Lime Juice
As always, if you make these spicy black beans in the instant pot be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Instant Pot Black Beans (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 lb dried black beans no soaking ng required
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 6 ounce can green mild chilis
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Juice of 1 lime about 1-2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Add the black beans, onion, garlic, bell pepper, paprika, cumin, chilis, salt, and water to the Instant Pot.
- Pressure Cook on High for 25 minutes and DO NOT quick/manually release the pressure after. Wait an additional 15 to 20 minutes for pot to naturally release. This allows the beans to cook for a few extra minutes.
- Once the float valve has gone down naturally, carefully open the lid.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro, and stir to combine!