No Soak Instant Pot Black Beans are high in fiber and protein, loaded with vegetables, great for tacos. These easy no soak Mexican black beans are made with chilis, peppers, onion, and spices. Perfect to meal prep, make ahead, or batch cook!
These black beans are a perfect pantry staple dinner, and a great way to use those extra dried beans you have in your cupboard. I love batch cooking a big pot of these beans on the weekend to use in lunches and dinners throughout the week.
We’ve been making this recipe for about 4 years now, and I haven’t bought canned black beans since! Cooking perfectly spiced beans in the Instant Pot couldn’t be easier or quicker.
These spicy black beans in the instant pot are perfect for any meal. Add them to vegan Huevos Rancheros for breakfast, a burrito bowl for lunch, or accompanying sheet pan fajitas for dinner!
These beans are fantastic in Black Bean Omelets, Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, or Black Bean Shakshuka. Hearty simple black beans to add to your next Meatless Monday, Taco Tuesday, or any night of the week.
These Instant Pot Black Beans Are:
- Great to meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead!
- Gluten Free
Easy Vegan Black Bean Recipes
This vegan Mexican black beans recipe is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make better meals for you and your family.
I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
What’s In This No Soak Mexican Black Beans Recipe?
I cook with fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
- Cilantro, Green Onions, Jalapeno
- Dried black beans, no soaking ahead of time
- Canned Green Chilis
- Diced Tomatoes: I only use no salt added diced tomatoes, these boxed tomatoes are really great to stock up on! I like boxed tomatoes better because they are BPA free and more eco-friendly than aluminum cans. If you haven’t read about the dangers of consuming foods stored in BPA cans, head over to Nutrition Facts to read more.
- Lime Juice: If you don’t have fresh limes, this bottled lime juice is actually a fantastic substitute. I always keep some in the pantry – it’s great for sauces, dips, or even for cocktails!
Instant Pot No Soak Mexican Black Beans for Easy Meal Prep
For all my recipes I use the 8-Quart Instant Pot Ultra, its larger than the standard models (which are only 6 quart) so I have extra room to meal prep and batch cook more meals for the week. The Ultra model also has some great extra settings like cake baking and yogurt making which are really neat.
I love that everything can cook in one pot, which makes for way less dishes and hands-off cooking. The Instant Pot is hands-down my favorite kitchen appliance, and actually makes my life so much easier.
Browse through dozens of our Instant Pot recipes here for easy weeknight dinner inspiration!
Do I Need to Soak Black Beans Before Cooking Them in the Instant Pot?
No need to soak your beans! The pressure cooker perfectly cooks them without needing them to soak in water overnight. I cook all my beans in my Instant Pot, and never soak them before hand.
More High Fiber Black Bean Recipes You’ll Love!
Share These Spicy Instant Pot Black Beans For Tacos
As always, if you make this easy Instant Pot black beans recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipes!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to subscribe to my monthly newsletter to get free recipe inspiration.
Instant Pot Black Beans
- Add the black beans, onion, garlic, bell pepper, paprika, cumin, chilis, salt, and water to the Instant Pot.
- Cook on Manual/Pressure Cook on High for 25 minutes. Wait an additional 15 to 20 minutes for pot to naturally release. This allows the beans to cook for a few extra minutes.
- Once the float valve has gone down naturally, carefully open the lid.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro, and stir to combine!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can save up to 40% off grocery store prices. If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!