This Greek Yogurt coleslaw recipe is a high protein take on a classic summer BBQ side dish – it’s a creamy coleslaw with vinegar, spices, and yogurt. Great coleslaw for BBQs, potlucks, and parties.
It’s great on a plate loaded up with anything coming off the grill, or also fantastic to add to a BBQ meat or lentil sloppy joe.
Summer is right around the corner, and I cannot wait to make this Greek yogurt coleslaw on repeat for our outdoor gatherings this year! The trees are full of leaves, our garden is starting to sprout, and our bees are making their way out of the hives. Summer is almost here, and this is one simple BBQ side dish recipe worth saving!
I come from a coleslaw family – no BBQ, party, or cookout was ever without coleslaw growing up. I wanted to make a better version (no mayo or sour cream) and Greek Yogurt brings amazing flavor and creaminess to this dish. You can use any plain unsweetened Greek Yogurt, which is delicious folded into this slaw.
This Greek Yogurt Coleslaw Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Veggies
- Perfectly Spiced
- High Protein, Vegetarian and Gluten Free
A No-Cook Coleslaw Recipe That’s Perfect for Summer
This no-cook Greek Yogurt coleslaw is a quick and simple recipe. I love a good no-cook recipe for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for summer nights when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here! This coleslaw comes together in about 15 minutes, and doesn’t require the stove or microwave to make. Just use a few pantry staple ingredients and you have a tasty meal ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
I made this the other day and when I tasted it and I actually danced because it was that good! Even tasting it fresh (before letting it sit for a few hours) was amazing. The tartness from the white balsamic and the tang from the yogurt was perfect with the cabbage.
What’s In This Coleslaw with Greek Yogurt Recipe
I get fresh produce from my garden and from Misfits Market– they sell fantastic fruit, vegetables, & pantry staples at a discounted price. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out favorite produce for delivery. Get $10 off your first box here!
Coleslaw Mix or 4 cups shredded cabbage
- Greek Yogurt – make sure it’s plain and unsweetened! You can use a fat free Greek yogurt like this one (it’s our favorite!) or a full fat yogurt too. Make sure you get Greek yogurt and not plain yogurt, the thickness really makes this dish fantastic!
- White Balsamic Vinegar – this may seem like a very specific addition to my pantry but it is my FAVORITE vinegar! It’s the secret to the perfect coleslaw or kidney bean salad. When I can find this on sale, I stock up! I usually buy Colavita.
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well, and the onion powder pairs nicely with the raw onion in the salad.
- Garlic Powder: Also a major pantry staple ingredient that gets used in our house daily! I love this garlic powder and add it to a lot of recipes that I would use fresh garlic in too.
- Celery Salt
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
High Protein Make-Ahead Coleslaw for Entertaining
This High Protein coleslaw with Greek Yogurt recipe is fantastic to make ahead of time for a party, potluck, or gathering. Making this recipe in advance allows you to skip any cooking or prep on the day-of. This is a great recipe to entertain with, or bring to an event… and it tastes better if made a few hours before serving. A crowd-pleaser that everyone is sure to love! Check out my other make ahead meals too.
More Salad Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love
Share this Coleslaw with Greek Yogurt Recipe
As always, if you make this high protein coleslaw recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Greek Yogurt Coleslaw
- 16 ounce package coleslaw mix or 4 cups shredded green cabbage and 1 shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar if you can't find white balsamic
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt plain unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients together and stir until well mixed. If you like your coleslaw with a little extra dressing, add 2 additional tablespoons of Greek Yogurt.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) to let flavors marry.
- Leftovers will keep for 2 days in an airtight container.
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!