Hearty Split Pea Soup with Sweet Potatoes filled with fresh vegetables! Carrots, onions, sweet potatoes, and spices make this soup a perfect winter meal.
Split Pea Soup has always been one of my go-to favorite recipes! Its easy, delicious, and really easy to veganize.
This Split Pea Soup with Sweet Potatoes Is:
- Gluten Free
- Cooked in the Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker, or Stove top
In my Classic Vegan Split Pea Soup I use white potatoes and barley – but I decided to try sweet potatoes instead in this version. And let me tell you, it turned out AMAZING! The sweet potatoes give the soup a delicious texture and really brighten the flavor. Plus the sweet potatoes provide a little extra nutrients to the soup, which is always a good thing!
I love love love sweet potatoes, and always have a few on hand as they can be thrown into any meal. They make a great breakfast when chopped in my Breakfast Sheetpan Eggs & Vegetables. They make a great lunch or dinner in Easy Vegan Sheetpan Fajitas. And sweet potatoes for DESSERT? You bet with my Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies!
The recipe below is for the instant pot, but this can easily be made on the stove top or in the slow cooker instead!
Whats In This Split Pea Soup with Sweet Potato?
How Do I Make This Soup?
As always, if you make this split pea soup with sweet potatoes be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Instant Pot Split Pea Sweet Potato Soup (Vegan, GF, Whole30)
- 2 cups split peas dried
- 4 carrots diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 medium sweet potatoes cubed
- 6 cups vegetable stock or water with 2 billion cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teapoon Herbes Des Provance
- 4 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, stir to combine.
- Cook on Manual for 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking allow the instant pot to naturally release for 20 minutes (do not manual release).
- After 20 minutes, manually release the steam carefully.
- Add salt and fresh pepper to taste!