This avocado chickpea salad recipe is a delicious lunch packed with plant-protein and healthy fats! Great for meal prep or make ahead lunches.
Here is a quick and easy lunch, that is ready in under 10 minutes, is healthy and delicious, and will keep you full until lunch! This vegan avocado chickpea salad is packed with canned beans, veggies, and of course, avocado for a rich and velvety texture.
You can eat it on a sandwich, with a lettuce wrap, or a tortilla for a pinwheel-style snack! Or it would be great to eat is a dip for fresh garden veggies.
This Avocado Chickpea Salad Recipe Is:
- Pantry staple friendly
- Easy to Meal Prep or Make Ahead
- Vegan & Gluten free, naturally
This recipe uses cooked chickpeas – you can definitely used canned chickpeas, just make sure to drain and rinse the first. I have a foolproof way of cooking No-soak dried chickpeas in the Instant Pot, which is my go-to way to cook beans. For about $1 you have a whole week’s worth of plant protein for lunch.
What’s In This Vegan Avocado Chickpea Salad?
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
- Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans: call ’em what you like, these lil beans are a great pantry staple (I always keep dried and cooked on hand!) and offer some excellent plant protein.
- Avocado: For a healthy fat, that is also creamy and all natural!
- Mustard: Use prepared yellow mustard or whole ground, whatever strikes your fancy.
- Relish: This is the secret ingredient for a little sweetness and acidity. Use any version you want, sweetened or unsweetened.
- Roasted Red Peppers: these guys come in cute little jars so I always have a few hanging out in my pantry. They are fairly inexpensive so I like to stock up and throw them in sandwiches or wraps for some color.
- Veggies: while these aren’t exactly pantry staple ingredients, you can totally skip these if you don’t have them on hand. Celery keeps for a long time, so I always have a bunch in the fridge – you can substitute an onion for the celery. And use dried parsley if you don’t have fresh.
Make Garbanzo Avocado Salad Vegan for a Healthy Version
This vegan avocado garbanzo bean salad is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family. I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
How Do I Make This Avocado Chickpea Salad?
In a large bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork. Add plant-based mayo, mustard, relish, red pepper, celery, dill, and onion powder. Mix thoroughly until combined.
Taste and add salt/pepper if desired. Serve on a sandwich, lettuce wrap, or as a dip!
More Healthy Chickpea Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Chickpea Avocado Salad Recipe
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free chickpea avocado salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Avocado Chickpea Salad
- In a large bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork. Add the avocado, mustard, relish, red pepper, celery, dill, and onion powder. Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Taste and add salt/pepper if desired. Serve on a sandwich, lettuce wrap, or as a dip!