This Italian TVP Meatballs recipe is made with textured vegetable protein are ready for spaghetti, a meatball sandwich, or served as a party appetizer! Made with TVP, flavorful seasonings, and great spices these meatballs are perfect for meal prep, batch cooking, or to make ahead.
These easy plant-based meatballs are high in protein, vegan, and are meat and dairy free. Serve these vegan meatballs alongside pressure cooker penne or creamy red pepper pasta and with a slice of oven baked vegan garlic bread.
Add some major flavor to your next spaghetti night with these delicious TVP meatballs. These meatballs are made with Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP) which has a similar texture to ground beef.
I have had a lifelong love of spaghetti and meatballs! I have my Italian mother to thank for that one. To this day there is nothing I love more than a huge messy bowl of pasta swimming in my White Wine Tomato Sauce… topped with giant and flavorful TVP meatballs!
This TVP Meatballs Recipe Is:
- Great with Spaghetti or Pasta!
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Vegan High Protein Recipes
These TVP textured vegetable protein meatballs recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand! Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate.
I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
This recipe is perfect for meal prepping- When I make these I try to make a lot of extras so I can enjoy them throughout the week! For lunch or dinner (or both some days, don’t judge) spaghetti and meatballs are definitely on the menu with this super easy recipe.
What’s In Textured Vegetable Protein Meatballs?
- TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein): I love stocking my pantry with TVP! TVP is made from soy protein and has the exact same texture as ground beef… making it really versatile to use in place of real meat. We use TVP in soups and stews, for taco filling, and in lasagnas. TVP is a great pantry-staple protein, and it lasts a long time. We always keep a few bags of this stuff on hand.
- Italian Seasonings: one of my favorite spice blends, I add a pre-mixed Italian seasoning to my soups, stews, and pasta sauces. You can make your own Italian seasoning blend with oregano, parsley, thyme, basil, rosemary, and garlic. I like to use this organic Italian seasoning blend which has the right amounts of everything.
- Nutritional Yeast: not to be confused with bread baking yeast, nutritional yeast has a cheesy nutty umami flavor! Also great in soups and sauces of all kinds.
- Bread Crumbs – Normally I just use some crusty bread for the breadcrumbs, but if you are looking for a nice gluten free variety, these GF Italian Breadcrumbs would be your best bet!
- Salt and pepper to taste – Some pasta sauces can be quite salty so I wanted to keep these meatballs fairly low sodium. Add the amount of salt and pepper that you’d like – but if you are planning to use a salty sauce, then I would recommend cutting back.
A Sheet Pan TVP Meatball Recipe For the Win!
These vegan and gluten free TVP meatballs make the perfect sheet pan dinner! I love a good sheet pan meal, especially during these fall months when the weather starts to turn cooler. Cooking on a sheet pan is one of my favorite ways to get a meal on the table fast! All the food gets cooked on a single pan, which makes cleaning up a breeze. And the oven does all the work for you, so you can focus on other kitchen prep while the food cooks. Sheet pan meals are awesome for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – check out my link here to see other healthy sheet pan meals that are ready in no time!
What Do I Serve with These Vegan Italian Meatballs?
- White Wine Tomato Sauce
- Cheesy Eggplant Bake (Vegetarian, Keto Gluten Free)
- Slow Cooker Summer Ratatouille
- Sheet Pan Pasta Bake with Fresh Mozzarella and Lemon
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Gluten Free Vegan Meatballs Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free TVP Meatballs recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & my YouTube channel – I’d love to connect with you there!
Italian TVP Meatballs
- 1 cup Textured Vegetable Protein TVP
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings oregano, basil, parsley
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce make sure GF or tamari
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs use gluten free, if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Add the TVP into the pot, stir, and let sit for 10 minutes while the TVP absorbs the broth.
- In a large bowl, add the TVP and the rest of the ingredients. Knead until they form a dough.
- Form the mixture into small 2 inch meatballs.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and cook the meatballs for 20 minutes.
- Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet fry the meatballs for 7-8 minutes until they brown and begin to crisp.
- Serve over spaghetti with homemade marinara, on a sub sandwich, or use as a cocktail party appetizer!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell produce & pantry staples (even wine!) at a super discounted price. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! Give Misfits Market a look if you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!