This white wine tomato sauce is simple to make with a few pantry staple ingredients like San Marzano tomatoes, white wine, and spices! Slow simmered on the stove, this sauce is a great addition to your next pasta night.
An easy tomato sauce with white wine bursting with flavor, perfect to pour over spaghetti pasta, dip mozzarella sticks into, or use as a simple pizza sauce. The possibilities are endless with this easy no salt added marinara sauce.
Ok now THIS is an exciting recipe: a white wine pasta sauce that tastes unbelievable! Made with just a few simple ingredients this sauce is great over your favorite pasta. And even though it doesn’t have many ingredients, this sauce is absolutely bursting with flavor! Between the basil, garlic, and while wine, this sauce has it all.
Perfect when you want a light sauce that pairs well with a thick or stuffed pasta, and bold and flavorful enough to take on a capellini or spaghetti. It’s vegetarian, gluten-free, and packed with lots of veggies and good nutrients (you can read all about the health benefits of tomatoes here!).
This White Wine Tomato Sauce Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Flavor
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, and SO good!
Make White Wine Tomato Sauce Vegan for a Healthy Version
This vegan white wine tomato sauce is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family.
I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
White Wine with Pasta Sauce, Every Time!
I also love the sweet and complex flavor of a white wine in this sauce. And OK fine, I also like to have a glass while cooking it, its like an extra incentive to making this. I like a dry white wine like Pinot Grigio but if you have anything else in hand it will do! Just use anything that you would also drink (so you also can have a glass while cooking, #TreatYoSelf).
What’s In This Tomato Sauce with White Wine Recipe?
- Diced Tomatoes: I only use no salt added diced tomatoes, these boxed tomatoes are really great to stock up on! I like boxed tomatoes better because they are BPA free and more eco-friendly than aluminum cans. If you haven’t read about the dangers of consuming foods stored in BPA cans, head over to Nutrition Facts to read more.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic when I have it, and this great jarred organic garlic when I don’t have fresh. It’s actually super convenient to have pre-chopped garlic on hand for quick and easy meal prep.
- White Wine – I used a pinot grigio.
- Fresh Basil
If you’re adding a little pepper, I’d recommend…
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: It’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor… so I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
I sometimes add in mushrooms or fresh spinach to the sauce to pack some extra veggies in there. But most of the time its just the simple ingredients, and an insane sauce-to-noodle ratio where I’m eating mostly sauce to go with a little bit of pasta.
How Do I Make Pasta Sauce with Wine?
1. Finely chop the garlic, and julienne the basil. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, add the olive oil and begin by sautéing the garlic over low heat. Once it gets lightly brown and sauté for 3 minutes until the leaves are wilted slightly.
3. Add the can of tomatoes, juice and all. Also add the white wine and the basil. Stir until all ingredients are mixed and simmer in low for 25 minutes!
4. One little trick I did was about 15 minutes in to cooking. I added half of the tomatoes into my Vitamix and blended the tomatoes for a bit to give it a smoother texture. Then added it back to the pan!
Toss with freshly cooked pasta, and enjoy!
More Simple Pasta Sauce Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For This Vino Tomato Sauce!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free white wine tomato sauce recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
White Wine Tomato Sauce
- Finely chop the garlic, and julienne the basil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, begin by sautéing the olive oil and garlic over low heat until the garlic gets slightly brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes, juice and all. Stir and add the white wine and the basil. Stir until all ingredients are mixed and simmer in low for 25 minutes!
- Serve over pasta, garlic bread, as a dip for mozzarella sticks, or use as pizza sauce... the possibilities are endless!
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!