This Honey Almond Matcha Latte Recipe Is:
- Gluten Free & Naturally Sweetened
- Dairy Free
Start This Almond Milk Latte in a Blender
I’ve made almond milk two ways: in a blender and also in a nut milk machine – either way works and tastes fantastic! I’ve owned a lot of blenders, but my Vitamix is definitely the best one I’ve owned. This high-speed blender will blend tough almonds into pulp, which you then strain using a nut milk bag. This is definitely one kitchen appliance we use on a daily basis!
What’s In This Honey Vanilla Matcha Latte Recipe?
- Matcha Powder – I use Tenzo matcha which is organic and ceremonial grade, which is the highest quality of matcha you can get. I actually have their starter kit which comes with an electric matcha blender which makes me feel extra fancy in the morning when I make this latte!
- Almonds: these giant bags of almonds are a great value from Amazon – they are raw and unsalted so they are perfect to add to breakfasts, oats, or make your own almond milk!
- Vanilla Extract: it’s super important to use real pure vanilla extract, and not artificial baking vanilla flavor. This real all natural vanilla is a fantastic ingredient to give these cookies an #extra boost.
- Raw Honey: We use our own honey, straight out of the beehives for us! As beekeepers, we have plenty of raw honey so I try to use it in all my recipes instead of sugar. I’d recommend trying a local farmers market to find the best raw honey in your area. Or else, this raw organic honey online here is the next best thing.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Cinnamon: which gives this almond milk a subtle spice-y flavor! I love to add a pinch for a really nice depth to this drink.
- Nut Milk Bag – whether you use a blender or a nut milk machine, I’d recommend using a nut milk bag to strain out the almond pulp. I like these nylon bags, which I’ve found hold up better than the cotton ones. We actually use our nut milk bag to strain our honey when we harvest it from our beehives! This nut milk bag is a super versatile kitchen product, it sure comes in handy!
Is There a Vegan Substitute for Honey?
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Latte Recipes
This honey almond matcha latte recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple drink! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the coffee shop!
How Do I Make A Matcha Latte with Almond Milk?
Add the almonds, vanilla, honey, salt, cinnamon, and 2 cups of water to a blender. Blend on low and gradually work up to high speed. Blend for 3 minutes.
Strain almond milk through a nut milk bag or very fine grain strainer and set aside.
In a glass, add the remaining 1/4 cup of water and matcha. Whisk together thoroughly.
For a warm matcha latte: heat the honey almond milk, and pour over the matcha mixture.
For an iced matcha latte: add 1/2 cup of ice cubes to the matcha, and pour almond milk over the matcha. Enjoy!
Other Dairy Free Drink Recipes You’ll Love!
Chai Oat Milk Latte Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Oat Milk Bubble Tea Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Lemon Basil Smoothie Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Homemade Chocolate Oat Milk Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free, Nut Free)
Get the Same Ingredients I Use for My Almond Honey Matcha Recipe:
As always, if you make this dairy free honey matcha latte recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Blender Matcha Latte with Almond Milk
- Blender or Nut Milk Machine
- Nut Milk bag or fine mesh strainer
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- Add the almonds, water, matcha, agave, and salt to a blender. Blend on high speed for 2-3 minutes until the nuts
- Strain the mixture through a nut milk bag or very fine grain strainer and set aside.
- For a warm matcha latte: heat the mixture and enjoy.
- For an iced matcha latte: add 1/2 cup of ice cubes to a glass and pour the matcha mixture over.
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!
Pingback:Cottage Cheese and Honey Recipe (Spread or Dip for Fruit)
Pingback:Snap Pea Ricotta Toast Recipe (Vegetarian, Gluten Free)
Pingback:Kale Ricotta Pasta Recipe (Vegetarian, Gluten Free)
Pingback:Savory Ricotta Toast with Vegetables and Honey Recipe