Sometimes you see a new way of cooking pasta and think, ‘Wow, I gotta try that!’ I love the idea of sheet pan meals. Everything cooks in the oven while you have time to multitask other things. But with an easy weeknight pasta? It turns out perfectly! Make sure you have a tall enough sheet pan (at least two inches high) and you can cook pasta in the oven. No stovetop cooking required.
This sheet pan pasta came out amazing! It smelled fantastic while it was cooking (thank you roasted garlic). And looked gorgeous coming out of the oven with melted cheese. The cheese was so melty and gooey, it pulled in long strings when I tried to dish up. It actually got all over the spoon and our bowl, and I found a little cheese strand on one of the cats after dinner (sorry Onyx)!
This isn’t a “set it and forget it” sheet pan meal. It does involve taking the dish in and out of the oven a few times to stir and add ingredients at different stages of cooking. But this easy weeknight pasta was really fun to assemble and make. It all came together pretty quickly too. I’m definitely adding this to my Easy Weeknight Meals collection.
This sheet pan pasta recipe got an A+ from me and the hubby, which is always great when I am trying a new recipe. To make vegan, just substitue a non-dairy cheese, and enjoy!
Other Simple Sheet Pan Meals You’ll Love!
- Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken with Vegetables (Whole30, Paleo, Keto)
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi Butternut Squash & Kale (Vegan, Dairy Free)
- Sheet Pan Fajitas w/ Avocado Lime Crema (Vegan, Paleo, Whole30, GF)
- Aloha BBQ Tofu Bowls (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sheet Pan Dinner)
- Rosemary Focaccia Bread Recipe (Vegan, Pantry Staple Bread)
As always, if you make this Easy Sheet Pan Pasta Bake recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Sheet Pan Pasta Bake with Mozzarella and Lemon (Vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lemon sliced thin and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb (16 ounce package) Dry Orzo Pasta or other small pasta shape of choice
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup fresh basil julienned
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese plus extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the sheet pan in the oven on the medium back and keep it in there while the oven comes to temprature.
- In a medium bowl, toss the olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, lemon, salt, and pepper. When oven is heated, add the tomato mixture to the sheet pan in a even layer. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Take the sheet pan out of the oven, and add the orzo and boiling water. Stir well so all ingredients are well combined. Cover sheet pan with aluminum foil, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and stir the orzo again, cook for an additional 5 minutes so orzo soaks up all the liquid.
- Preheat the broiler on high. Remove sheet pan from oven, and stir in the basil. Top with mozzarella cheese distributed evenly over the pasta. And add parmesan on top of that. Place sheet pan back in the oven, and broil on high for 3 to 5 minutes, being careful not to burn the cheese!
- Dish up and top your bowl with any additional parm wanted… Serve with a salad or garlic bread!