Sheet pan gnocchi butternut squash & roasted vegetables in a sage and dairy free butter sauce! This sheet pan meal is vegan & ready in 30 minutes!
This Sheet Pan Gnocchi Recipe Is:
- Packed with flavor
- Versatile: use whatever veggies you have on hand
- Great for seasonal ingredients
- Vegan & can be made gluten free with GF gnocchi
I’ve always loved gnocchi, even since I was a kid. I like it with a my signature 5-Ingredient San Marzano tomato sauce, bright and fresh pesto, or dressed simply with vegetables and butter… like this dish! This was my first time ever cooking gnocchi in the oven and WOW was it easy! No water needed, and the gnocchi came out soft, pillowy, and a little crispy on the outside. Absolute pasta perfection.
I’m a huge fan of sheet pan dinner recipes– I love making anything that allows for hands-off cooking and only cleaning one pan! This recipe came to me after experimenting with a whole week of making a different sheet-pan meal each day. I loved the idea of making a garlic & dairy-free butter sauce with the butternut squash. Those flavors are really so good together on their own, and even better on top of gnocchi.
The roasted vegetables were perfect, especially the kale since it begins to crisp as it bakes. And the bold flavor of the sage works really well in a delicate butter sauce. This was super easy to make, and such a fun way to cook gnocchi in the oven!
What Should I Serve with This Gnocchi?
- While this recipe is totally vegan, you can use regular butter if you eat dairy
- Make sure the gnocchi you are using is gluten free if you are GF… some potato gnocchis still have wheat
- This is also nut free & refined sugar free!
As always, if you make this sheet pan ghocchi butternut squash & kale be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Butternut Squash & Kale Gnocchi (Vegan Meal Prep)
- Sheet Pan
- 2 cups butternut squash finely diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 zucchini sliced into half moons
- 1 17 ounce package gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- Pinch Salt
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup vegan butter/earth balance
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- On a large sheet pan add butternut squash, red onion, zucchini, and gnocchi. Add the olive oil and salt and toss together to combine.
- Place sheet pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until veggies begin to crisp. Remove pan from oven, and toss veggies and gnocchi. Add the kale to the pan, tossing so the oil coats the kale. Put sheet pan back in oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add the vegan butter, garlic, and sage. Turn heat to low and simmer the sage and garlic in the butter for 7-8 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove sheet pan from oven, and coat the gnocchi and veggies with the butter sauce. Enjoy!