This irresistible cheesy eggplant bake is one of my favorite low carb keto vegetarian recipes. Packed healthy vegetables: eggplant, spinach, and tomatoes, its great to make ahead or meal prep!
This recipe is EVERYTHING. I made it for eggplant and non-eggplant lovers alike, and it won a resounding to thumbs up from everyone!
This Cheesy Eggplant Bake Is:
- Packed with Veggies
- Gluten Free
- Low Carb, one of my favorite keto vegetarian recipes
Its basically like a hot, cheesy, eggplant lasagna – the layers of soft baked eggplant melt into the bubbly cheese. You can make your own marinara or tomato sauce for this (I always always do!) or use store bought if you don’t have the time.
I love a good high protein lasagna with regular noodles, but when I’m watching my carbs this is one of my go-to recipes to make for dinner.
This is a favorite recipe around our homestead – great for dinners, entertaining, holidays, or just a Monday night (perfect for Meatless Mondays)! Its one of my fave low carb and keto vegetarian recipes to make.
And it comes together in under an hour, so its great for a quick weeknight meal. I made this for my dad when he came to visit, and as a 100% meat-and-potatoes kinda guy, he LOVED it. He raved about it so much we ended up making it twice that visit 🙂
As always, if you make this keto eggplant casserole be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Keto Eggplant Bake (Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian)
- 2 eggplants sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups tomato sauce BEST homemade sauce recipe here!
- 2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices, and place on baking sheet. Pour the 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper over the eggplant, and toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes until eggplant is soft, flipping halfway through.
- In a 9x9 glass baking dish, layer the tomato sauce, eggplant, fresh mozzarella cheese, and spinach into 2 or 3 layers. Top with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese becomes bubbly.