These scallion scrambled eggs are a bright and fresh way to start your day! Packed with protein and spring onion flavor, these green onion eggs will help you to rise & shine.
Talk about flavor – wow, these eggs definitely bring it! I love using scallions and green onions as a main ingredient in a dish (instead of just a garnish)! They have tons of sweet mild onion flavor, and pair so well with lightly scrambled eggs on toast.
These Scallion Scrambled Eggs Are:
- Slightly Spicy
- Packed with flavor
- Keto and low carb, paleo, whole30 approved, and vegetarian.
This easy weekend brunch recipe is super versatile to serve too. Spoon scallion eggs between toast for a yummy egg sandwich, serve on top of hash browns, or with a side of roasted root vegetables. The possibilities are endless… and all are 100% delish!
These eggs are great for using up the last few green onions in your bunch. I usually always throw a bundle of scallions in my cart at the store as they are great for topping curries, soups, stews, and tofu. This recipe was created after rummaging through the fridge and finding a few extra green onions that needed to be used – and it was a huge hit!
Whats In These Scrambled Eggs?
- Scallions or Green Onions
- Sesame Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional for a little heat!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What makes these eggs really flavorful is the hint of sesame oil and spice from the red pepper flakes.
I also doubled the scallion action in the eggs by cooking some in the egg scramble, and reserving some extra scallions to top. This way you get delicious onion-y flavor in every bite!
How Do I Make These Scrambled Eggs with Scallions?
A few other recipes that use scallions/green onions:
As always, if you make these scrambled eggs with scallions be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
(Keto, Paleo, Whole30, Vegetarian)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 scallions sliced
- Red Pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat the butter and sesame oil over low heat until the bottom of the pan is coated and butter has melted
- In a bowl, add the eggs, milk, and one of the scallions. Leave the other chopped scallion to the side for now.
- Beat together until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the eggs into the pan, cooking over very low heat. LOW AND SLOW is the rule for scrambled eggs in this casa.
- Every few minutes scrape the cooked eggs off the bottom of the pan with a spatula and fold into the pan. Half way through add 1/2 of the remaining scallions to the eggs. Repeat cooking for about 10 minutes until eggs are firm and cooked, no longer runny.
- Plate eggs over toast of choice, and top with remaining scallions and crushed red pepper flakes for some heat.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.