This 4 ingredient Trader Joe’s meal prep salad is SO easy to make! Low carb, gluten free, & keto friendly, these hearty burger salads are quick and have a bold delicious flavor.
This Meal Prep Salad Is:
- Made with 4 Ingredients
- Easy to meal prep for a week’s worth of lunches
I am a huge Trader Joe’s fan! I try to do a monthly run and stock up on delicious and easy-to-cook meals like this one! For this recipe I used their Chicken Chili Lime Burgers, but if you want a vegetarian option grab a pack of meatless burgers and get ready to prep.
What In This Trader Joe’s Meal Prep Salad?
- Organic Spinach: as the base salad layer
- Chicken Chili Lime Burgers: which are super delish in this southwest-style salad. You can swap out any burger through, if you are vegan or vegetarian.
- Organic Sour Cream: because #yum and the fat cuts the spice from the salsa
- Salsa Especial: You can find this one in the refrigerated section at your Tray Jay’s… if you can’t find it, just swap it out with another salsa. This one is my fav though, as its muy picante!
This was one of my go-to dinners when I was just out of grad school. I loved coming home from a long day and cooking up something quick, easy, and delicious! And 4-ingredient meal prep… yes please! This meal comes together in about 20 minutes whether you make 1 or 4 salads! I love prepping these on the weekend, and enjoying during the week for lunch at work.
This also makes a delish summer dinner, a warm burger on top of a cool salad is a great meal to sit down to when its hot out.
The combination of the burger, salsa, and sour cream is great in this dish. The salsa and sour cream combine to make a spicy and tangy dressing for the spinach.
What Should I Serve with These Meal Prep Salads?
BEST Taco Tuesday Guacamole would be awesome on top!
If you are looking for a quick and delicious dinner or lunch with 4 ingredients to meal prep – look no further! This is definitely in my normal lunch rotation. Easy, healthy, quick to prep, and delish! At about $2.50 per meal, also super cost effective!
- This recipe is naturally gluten free!
- If you want a vegan or vegetarian version, just swap out the chicken burgers for your plant-based patty of choice! And use a dairy free sour cream.
As always, if you make this Trader Joe’s Meal Prep Salad be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
4 Ingredient Trader Joe’s Southwest Burger Salads (Keto, Low Carb, Vegetarian Option)
- 4 Trader Joes Chicken Chili Lime Burgers or Veggie Burger for a meatless option
- 4 cups spinach
- 4 Tablespoons Trader Joe’s Salsa Authentica
- 4 Tablespoons sour cream
- Cook the Chicken Chili Lime Burgers according to package instructions
- Divide the spinach into 4 containers, putting 1 cup into each container
- Top the spinach with the cooked Chili Lime Burgers
- Add a tablespoon of Salsa Authentica and a tablespoon of sour cream to the top of the burger… and enjoy!