Where do vegans get their protein? From these cookies! This easy 5 ingredient recipe makes a ton of high protein cookies perfect for dessert, a snack, or even breakfast. Naturally Gluten-Free.
I made these after an amazing Instagram post I saw (thanks @_jennifertheveganmama_) and I HAD to try these. Let me be real for a sec- I am NOT into baking. I’m not even into eating baked goods or desserts in general (weird, I know) but these looked too good not to try!
I loved making these and they turned out unbelievably awesome! It was so easy to mash/mix these together and were simple and fool-proof to bake! I whipped them up real quick while having dinner in the oven. These were perfect to make on a busy weeknight.
Since I don’t bake I don’t have any fancy baking equipment (like a stand mixer or any tools/attachments) – so thankfully this recipe works with old-fashioned utinsels. I used a potato masher to mash the bananas and a whisk to add in the peanut butter/protein powder. Then finished with using a good old wooden spoon to stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
For the protein powder, I used a regular plain unsweetened protein powder. But a chocolate protein powder would also be EPIC in these cookies too. My favorite thing to use chocolate protein powder is in Chocolate Nice Cream but I will definitely use some to make these cookies too.
I brought them into work and they were a huge hit. I had coworkers asking for the recipe and people came back for seconds. They went pretty quick.
The best way to eat these is right out of the oven when they are hot and really crispy. But they are also an awesome breakfast-on-the-go option too!
5 Ingredient Healthy Protein Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 4 large bananas very ripe
- 1 16 ounce jar of peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 scoops about 4 tablespoons unflavored pea protein
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 8 ounces of vegan chocolate chips Half a bag
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Ferenheit
- In a large bowl peel the bananas and mash them together. Mix in peanut butter and protein powder, and whisk until smooth. Add the oats and the chocolate chips to the mix and stir to combine.
- Line a sheetpan with parchment paper. I used a large spoon to form the cookies, about 2-3 inches in diameter, place on parchment paper
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cookies begin to crisp and lightly brown at the ends
- Enjoy warm with a cold glass of Chocolate Oat Milk 🙂