These Protein Cookies with Oats & a lemon drizzle icing are a healthy on-the-go snack, breakfast, or dessert. Vegan, gluten free, egg & dairy free! A great healthy alternative to chocolate chip cookies made with a few pantry staple ingredients.
These protein cookies with oats are a fantastic and healthy dessert to make with just a few simple ingredients. All you need is some ripe bananas, your favorite protein powder, oats, and spices.
These cookies are a fantastic on-the-go snack – and are healthy enough to make a hearty breakfast. You can bake a big batch on the weekend, and have ready-made cookies to enjoy all week!
These Vegan Protein Oatmeal Cookies Are:
- High in Protein
- Great to Make Ahead
- A Quick and Healthy Treat the Family Will Love!
Easy Weeknight Vegan Protein Dessert
I loved making these and they turned out unbelievably awesome! It was so easy to mash/mix these together and were simple and fool-proof to bake! I whipped them up real quick while having dinner in the oven. These were perfect to make on a busy weeknight.
What’s In These Oatmeal Cookies with Protein Powder?
- Old Fashioned Oats: I used old fashioned oats for this recipe. I found old fashioned oats work much better than quick oats, as they hold up really well while being baked.
- Peanut Butter: or an inexpensive pantry staple vegan protein addition. Like my peanuts, I only use unsalted peanut butter to keep it healthy.
- Flaxseed Meal: I always add a scoop in my recipes for a little extra nutritional punch! This flaxseed meal has a wonderful nutty flavor too. Flaxseeds have a ton of amazing health benefits, so add a scoop to breakfasts, lunches, or smoothies!
- Plant-Based Vanilla Protein Powder – of all the protein powders in the world, this vanilla protein powder is one my absolute favorite! It’s simple, has just 4 ingredients, and tastes amazing with fruit smoothies. It’s not chalky and contains tons of plant protein to keep you going throughout the day!
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great bottled lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This organic lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails – and it tastes fresh, which is great to have around if you don’t use lemon juice everyday but still want to keep some around.
Meal Prep Oatmeal Protein Cookies for the Win!
These protein cookies with oats are the perfect recipe for healthy homemade meal prep. I am a huge fan of meal prepping, batch cooking, and making recipes ahead. I love the convenience of cooking once and being able to enjoy healthy homemade meals during the week when I don’t have time. There’s a whole section of TheHerbeevore.com dedicated to my favorite tried & true meal prep recipes.
With just a little planning and prep, you can have a week’s worth of recipes ready in the time it would take to make one portion. Just batch cook, divide into individual containers, and place in the fridge or freezer for later! I also made a list of my favorite meal prep products on Amazon that I use weekly. They make cooking easy peasy.
More Vegan Protein Desserts You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for These Vegan Protein Oatmeal Cookies with Lemon Icing
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free protein cookies recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Protein Cookies with Oats
For the Cookies
- 4 bananas very ripe
- 1.5 cups peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Ferenheit
- In a large bowl peel the bananas and mash them together. Mix in peanut butter and protein powder, and whisk until smooth. Add the oats and stir to combine.
- Line a sheetpan with parchment paper. I used a large spoon to form the cookies, about 2-3 inches in diameter, place on parchment paper
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cookies begin to crisp and lightly brown at the ends
- While the cookies are baking, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a separate bowl. Once the cookies have been removed from the oven, drizzle the lemon glaze over the top. Enjoy!
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!