These vegan brownies with sweet potatoes are full of healthy fats and antioxidants from coconut flour, raw cacao, and almond butter! They cook quickly and are a perfect quick dessert or snack.
The sweetness in these simple plant-based brownies comes from the sweet potatoes and maple syrup. These brownies are refined sugar free, and are amazing with a cold glass of almond milk!
When I’m in the mood for a late-night chocolate craving, sweet potato brownies are my GO-TO dessert! And what’s better than a dessert you can feel extra good about eating?
These brownies are loaded with antioxidants from the sweet potatoes and the raw cacao powder. They totally hit the spot when you want something sweet, and only have a few simple ingredients to make!
These Vegan Brownies with Sweet Potato Are:
- Actually Healthy
- Vegan, Dairy & Egg Free
- Gluten Free
Make Sweet Potato Brownies Vegan for a Healthy Version
This vegan brownies with sweet potato recipe is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family.
I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
What’s In These Sweet Potato & Nut Butter Brownies?
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
- Almond Butter: or you can substitute an almond or cashew butter instead. Like my peanuts, I only use unsalted peanut butter to keep it healthy.
- Vanilla Extract: it’s super important to use real pure vanilla extract, and not artificial baking vanilla flavor. This real all natural vanilla is a fantastic ingredient to give this recipe an #extra boost.
- Coconut Flour: I really like this coconut flour which has a nice consistency and texture. A little goes a long way with coconut flour, and I find that this bag lasts a while in my pantry (a great value!)
- Raw Cacao Powder: this raw unsweetened cacao powder is a healthy and good-for-you addition to these brownies. Raw Cacao powder is loaded with antioxidants and has tons of healthy benefits. Make sure you use a raw cacao powder and not sweetened baking cocoa… it makes a huge difference.
- Maple Syrup
- Sweet Potatoes
- Baking Powder: I like to use a no sodium baking powder in all my recipes, that way I can control the amount of salt that goes into my food.
- Chocolate Chips: to give these cookies an amazing chocolate chunk! These vegan chocolate chips are a great addition if you want to make these vegan and plant-based.
Make Ahead Vegan Brownies
This plant based brownie recipe is a fantastic and simple recipe to make ahead for company, a girl’s night, book club, or just for an amazing Friday on the couch. Great for a busy weeknight, for entertaining, or just for those nights when you don’t feel like cooking. I like to prep one (or a few) of these ahead of time, and freeze some for later. Having ready cooked treats in the fridge or freezer is a great way to enjoy home cooked snacks when you don’t have time in the kitchen. Check out all my make ahead meals on The Herbeevore for some inspiration to help you prep, keep, heat, and heat!
How Do I Make Vegan Brownies with Sweet Potato?
These brownies were so good I wouldn’t have been able to tell they were gluten free or vegan. They had that thick traditional texture of a normal brownie. And they the perfect sweetness! Not too sweet, but just sweet enough to satisfy that dessert chocolate craving. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, bake, and enjoy!
One note is that you really have to let the brownies cool before slicing! I kept trying to eat them out of the pan warm, but they kept falling apart on me – they do need to cool and firm up before slicing.
Best Baking Ingredients for Sweet Potato Brownies!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free brownies with sweet potatoes recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Vegan Brownies with Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potato roasted with skins removed
- 1 cup almond butter creamy or chunky
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips optional
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Dark Chocolate Chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and mix thoroughly to combine. Line a bread pan with parchment paper, and add the dough to the pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven. Allow to cool completely before slicing (this step is super important as the dough firms as it cools).
Save Money on Organic Groceries!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support The Herbeevore and our beehives!