These spicy garlic noodles are FULL of flavor, vegetables, garlic, and spices. A 15-minute quick and easy lunch or dinner.
A great recipe to make when you don’t have a lot of time in the kitchen, and easy to double the recipe to meal prep for the week
These Vegan Spicy Garlic Noodles are:
- Fast, ready in 15 minutes
- Vegan, vegetarian, and can easily be made gluten free
Grow Sprouts Indoors for A Nutritious Crunch All Year Long!
I grow my own sprouts all year long on my kitchen counters… and believe me, it couldn’t be easier! All you need are some sprouting seeds (I like these alfalfa seeds, and these bean sprouts), wide-mouth mason jars, sprouting lids, and some tap water. An endless supply of sprouts will be at your culinary fingertips anytime. I love grabbing a handful of alfalfa sprouts to add to a sandwich or a wrap, or adding a handful of bean sprouts to stir fries or ramen soup. I put together a list of all my favorite sprouting supplies – so you can enjoy fresh sprouts any time!
Easy Weeknight Garlic Sesame Noodles Recipe
This vegan garlic sesame noodles recipe is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
What’s In This Spicy Sesame and Garlic Noodles Recipe?
I love shopping for fresh produce through Misfits Market – they sell groceries, healthy pantry staples, and fantastic food finds (even wine!) at a discounted price. Choose your favorite seasonal produce, save up to 40% off grocery store prices & save time by getting free delivery right to your door!
- Noodles: You can use rice noodles which are naturally gluten free, or a thick long noodle like fettuccini or linguine ( which you can also use gluten free). We always keep rice noodles in our pantry for a quick ramen or stir fry.
- Peanut Oil: a great high-heat oil, awesome for quick stir frying noodles or vegetables.
- Sesame Oil: I love adding sesame oil to almost any Asian-inspired dish. A great flavor from the toasted sesame seeds in these noodles.
- Soy Sauce or Tamari: Tamari is just a gluten-free version of soy sauce. I try to cook with tamari in recipes that I am making for a crowd, in case anyone is gluten free.
- Sriracha: we like to load on the spice! Sriracha is awesome to add into soups and noodle dishes, we always keep sriracha in our pantry to throw on soups, stir fries, and curries.
- Garlic: you can use fresh garlic, or this awesome jarred garlic which we keep around.
- Bean Sprouts
- Green Onion
- Sesame Seeds: I love throwing sesame seeds on top of noodle dishes, ramen, or anything that has sesame oil. These add a little crunch, texture, and flavor… especially if you toast them frist.
Meal Prep Vegetarian Spicy Garlic Noodles For the Win!
This 15 minute spicy garlic noodles recipe is the perfect recipe for healthy homemade meal prep. I am a huge fan of meal prepping, batch cooking, and making recipes ahead. I love the convenience of cooking once and being able to enjoy healthy homemade meals during the week when I don’t have time.
There’s a whole section of TheHerbeevore.com dedicated to my favorite tried & true meal prep recipes. With just a little planning and prep, you can have a week’s worth of recipes ready in the time it would take to make one portion. Just batch cook, divide into individual containers, and place in the fridge or freezer for later! Easy peasy.
One of the BEST Pantry Staple Noodle Recipes
This sesame garlic noodles recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards – most of which you probably have on hand. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep stocked. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple ingredients in my Amazon shop here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
How Do I Make Spicy Garlic Noodles?
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil, sesame oil, soy sauce/tamari, and sriracha in a pan. Stir and add the garlic, bean sprouts, and kale sautéing for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the pan, and toss well to combine. Top with green onion and sesame seeds… And enjoy!
Make Garlic Noodles Vegan for a Healthy Version
This vegan garlic noodles recipe is a simple way to get extra veggies in your diet. I’m all about making recipes plant-based when I can. Vegan cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around vegan pantry staples and swapping in a few plant-based ingredients you can make healthier meals for you and your family.
I made a list of my 125 favorite vegan pantry ingredients that we use on a weekly basis, and check out all my vegan recipes here that are on The Herbeevore. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meatless and dairy free meals for your table.
More Healthy Fast Vegan Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use in My Spicy Sesame Garlic Noodles Recipe:
As always, if you make this spicy garlic noodles recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Spicy Garlic Noodles
- 4 ounces rice noodles or long pasta of choice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce for non-gluten free
- 1 tablespoon sriracha optional for spice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1 green onions sliced
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil, sesame oil, soy sauce/tamari, and sriracha in a pan. Stir and add the garlic, bean sprouts, and kale sauteeing for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the pan, and toss well to combine. Top with green onion and sesame seeds... And enjoy!
Save on Fresh Groceries & Pantry StaplesI love shopping for fresh produce through Misfits Market. They sell fresh produce, pantry staples, and fantastic groceries (even wine!) at a discounted price. Choose your favorite seasonal produce, enjoy delivery right to your door, & $10 off your first box by clicking here. Getting groceries online has turned out to be a huge time and money saver for us. If you haven't tried a produce box yet, I highly recommend trying one out!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!