Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich with egg, vegetables, and a creamy cream cheese spread. A fantastic customizable brunch sandwich with sourdough bread.
This breakfast sandwich has crispy sourdough bread and is piled high with fried eggs and your favorite toppings. A great simple recipe for leftover sourdough bread, or fantastic to put out for a weekend brunch spread.
Weekend brunch is one of my favorite meals of the week, and I got pretty creative this week with a sourdough breakfast sandwich! This is the best recipe if you have extra sourdough bread, and want a quick and simple brunch.
I spread cream cheese in between toasted sourdough bread, loaded on an egg and some arugula (because #fancy) and it was SO FREAKING GOOD! If you are a breakfast sandwich lover, this is one sandwich you’re going to want to make again and again.
This Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich Is:
- Great for using leftover tzatziki dip or sauce
- Ready in about 10-15 minutes
Easiest Recipes with Leftover Sourdough
This sourdough breakfast sandwich is what I call an Easy Weekend Meal – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those days when you want a healthy homecooked breakfast but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. Buy your bread the day before (or make it the day before, my no knead recipe is here on The Herbeevore!) and prep your toppings in the morning. This crowd pleasing breakfast can be ready in no time… perfect for hungry guests just waking up / or to be honest, great for a hung over breakfast after you’ve hosted a rowdy gang. Yea, I’ve said it.
What’s In This Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich?
- Sourdough Starter Discard: you can buy sourdough starter here, or I have a great guide on how to make your own in one week!
- Toppings for the sandwich! I loaded mine with a fried egg and some fresh chopped parsley, but here are some other amazing ideas to top your sandwich with!
- Avocado: I love this fruit, avocados are one of my favorite foods of all time. I used to love getting loads of fresh ripe avocados from my friend’s trees when I lived in California. Now that I’m on the East Coast, my love of avos is still strong, but I get them at Whole Foods instead of freshly picked. If you want to level up your avocado game, my avocado lime salad recipe is a breakfast sandwich favorite!
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Bell Pepper: If you don’t have fresh peppers, these sweet roasted red peppers are a great substitute! I love adding them to breakfast bakes, sandwiches or wraps, and soups.
- Arugula or Fresh Spinach
- Kalamata Olives: make sure they are pitted! I love the rich briny flavor of these herby kalamata olives, which have a purple hue and a really nice flavor. These Greek olives are fantastic for adding to salads, to dips, or just as a quick snack. I like to use these olive packs, which are great for when you need a handful of olives like in this dish.
- Cucumber Slices: cucumber and tzatziki is a classic combo, try it out!
- Sliced Tomato
Or mix/match all of these amazing toppings for a make-your-own-breakfast-sandwich-bar for the perfect brunch. A great recipe idea for entertaining for a brunch, anniversary party, potluck, baby shower, or bridal brunch. Simple and everyone can make their own custom sandwich.
A Great Leftover Sourdough Breakfast Recipe!
This sourdough breakfast sandwich recipe is the perfect vehicle to use up any leftover produce, spreads, dips, or veggies you have on hand. Add your favorite ingredients and enjoy! A fantastic way to use eggs or veggies (or that leftover carton of tzatziki) before it goes bad – this breakfast is delicious. Perfect for leftover cheeses, meats, or sliced cucumbers from last night’s party… enjoy a cucumber yogurt breakfast sandwich.
Cozy Brunch Sandwich Recipes for the WIN
These creamy sourdough breakfast sandwiches are great for a quick cozy weekend breakfast, brunch, or brinner (breakfast for dinner!). They are the perfect recipe for brunch guests, or just for getting the whole family together to enjoy a slow weekend meal. These sandwiches are also great for having company over for a holiday brunch as well. You can see all my breakfast and brunch recipes on The Herbeevore here, and also if you are heading to a brunch at someone else’s home check out my brunch hostess gift guide for simple gift ideas the host will love!
Other Easy Weekend Breakfast Sandwich Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My Cucumber Yogurt Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
As always, if you make this sourdough sandwich recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich
- Toast the slices of sourdough bread until they are golden brown.
- Cook eggs according to your favorite method (scrambling, over easy, poached, etc.) I fried mine in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 6 minutes over low heat, and flipping them and cooking for 3 minutes on the other side.
- On each sandwich, spread 1 piece of sourdough bread with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese spread. Add the fried egg and arugula on top. Add any other toppings above that you love, and mangia!
Save Money on Organic Produce!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market - they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive... think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
Or tag me @theherbeevore in your photo on Instagram and I'll feature you in my stories!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us and our beehives!