This meatless make ahead freezer quiche is great on busy mornings, and you can cook from frozen! Make one quiche or a few, and enjoy anytime. Great for breakfast with a side of fruit and a tall glass of OJ. Great for a weekend brunch, a busy holiday, or just a regular weekend.
This Healthy Vegetarian Freezer Quiche Recipe Is:
- Loaded with vegetables
- A great recipe for eggs that are about to expire
- Vegetarian, high protein, and gluten free
- Make ahead friendly! Make 1 quiche or a few! Freeze and re-heat anytime.
Make Ahead Meatless Quiche in the Freezer
This meatless freezer quiche is a fantastic and simple recipe to make ahead. Great for a busy weeknight, for entertaining, or just for those nights when you don’t feel like cooking. I like to prep one (or a few) of these ahead of time, and freeze some for later. Having ready cooked meals in the fridge or reezer is a great way to enjoy home cooked meals when you don’t have time in the kitchen. Freezing ingredients is also a great way to use up food that may be expiring soon. Check out all my make ahead meals on The Herbeevore for some inso to help you prep, keep, heat, and heat!
What’s In This Healthy Meal Prep Freezer Quiche Recipe?
- Pie Crust Mix: you can use homemade but I did have a few ready-made pie crusts on hand that I used. If you are gluten free there are some great GF options for crust out there. King Arthur brand is our favorite for anything baking-related.
- Eggs: if you don’t have any eggs (or your eggs are old or expired) you can try this dried egg powder! Mix with some water, and use the dried eggs in your quiche instead of fresh.
- Milk: you can use any milk of your choice, but if you want to make this dairy free, you can use coconut milk or almond milk instead of regular. I always keep some coconut milk powder in my pantry, and mix it into soups, curries, and smoothies!
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use pink Himalayan sea salt in my recipes as it has more natural minerals than regular table salt. It’s not much more expensive that normal salt, and has a great texture!
- Pepper: I use tellicherry peppercorns. Along with the salt, using good pepper makes a huge difference in my recipes. There is a generic Amazon bag of tellicherry peppercorns that we get, it lasts forever!
- Roasted Red Pepper: if you dont’ have fresh bell pepper, you can use jarred roasted red pepper, which is a favorite at our house! Great to chop up and throw in sandwiches, wraps, or salads.
- Cheese: You can use whatever you have on hand, I used a cheddar.
- Fresh Parsley
Meal Prep Vegetarian Quiche Ahead of Time!
You can easily meal prep this meatless freezer quiche recipe by following the below recipe and dividing it into a few equal portions to enjoy throughout the week. I love having a healthy homemade meal ready in my fridge during the busy weekdays. By meal prepping this recipe, you can cook once and have perfectly portioned meals ready to go. I rely heavily on meal prepping and created a whole section of the site to recipes you can meal prep, batch cook, or make ahead. Heat + eat, you’re all set!
How To Make This Freezer Quiche Make-Ahead Breakfast or Brunch
Other Crowd-Pleaser Brunch Recipes You’ll Love!
& read through myTop 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staple Ingredients & Recipes that I stock my pantry with!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use for My Make Ahead Freezer Quiche Recipe:
As always, if you make this easy freezer vegetarian quiche recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get healthy recipes delivered fresh to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
Make Ahead Freezer Quiche (Vegetarian, GF)
- 1 9 inch unsweetened pie crust, use gluten free crust mix if GF
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup cheese
- 1/2 cup parsley freshly chopped
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions, place in a 9 inch pie dish, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, scrabble together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add the chopped onion and bell pepper and stir again.
- Pour the egg and veggie mixture into the pie crust. Top with cheese and parsley.
- If cooking now, bake the quiche in a pre-heated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- If freezing, carefully wrap the uncooked quiche in a layer of plastic wrap first. Then wrap in foil. Freeze for up to 6 months. To cook from frozen: preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and cook frozen quiche for 60 to 75 minutes (mine took 75 minutes) until hot and bubbling.