This chickpea breakfast sandwich lets you eat garbanzos for breakfast! This vegan bagel sandwich is high protein, and loaded with flavor. Enjoy with some sliced fruit or fresh squeezed orange juice, and start your day with this hearty and satisfying breakfast.
This Chickpea Scramble Breakfast Sandwich Recipe Is:
- Loaded with flavor
- Vegan, gluten free, and egg free!
Grow Sprouts Indoors for A Nutritious Crunch All Year Long!
I grow my own sprouts all year long on my kitchen counters… and believe me, it couldn’t be easier! All you need are some sprouting seeds (I like these alfalfa seeds, and these bean sprouts), wide-mouth mason jars, sprouting lids, and some tap water. An endless supply of sprouts will be at your culinary fingertips anytime. I love grabbing a handful of alfalfa sprouts to add to a sandwich or a wrap, or adding a handful of bean sprouts to stir fries or ramen soup. I put together a list of all my favorite sprouting supplies – so you can enjoy fresh sprouts any time!
One of the BEST Pantry Breakfast Sandwich Recipes
This chickpea breakfast sandwich recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand already. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
What’s In This Veagn Chickpea Breakfast Bagel Sandwich?
- Chickpea Flour: also called basan or gram flour. I stocked up on a huge bag of this amazing chickpea flour, and I’ve been making lots of breakfast scrambles with this. Chickpea flour is super high in protein, and you can use it to make these scrambles, in regular baking, or to make healthy and delicious frittata muffins.
- Nutritional Yeast: not to be confused with bread baking yeast, nutritional yeast has a cheesy nutty umami flavor which is great in all kinds of dishes – I even sprinkle it on fresh popped pop corn and WOW! Also great in soups and sauces of all kinds.
- Diced Tomatoes: I only use no salt added diced tomatoes, these boxed tomatoes are really great to stock up on! I like boxed tomatoes better because they are BPA free and more eco-friendly than aluminum cans.
- Olives: I love these amazing low sodium olives which add a ton of flavor without all the salt. They are a great way to reduce the amount of salt in your breakfasts.
- Bell Pepper: If you don’t have fresh peppers, these sweet roasted red peppers are a great substitute! I love adding them to breakfast bakes, sandwiches or wraps, and soups.
- Bagels: you can use these gluten free bagel thins for this recipe, or make your own bagels from scratch!
- Alfalfa Sprouts
Easy Weekday Vegan Breakfast Sandwich Ideas
This chickpea breakfast sandwich is what I call an Easy Weekday Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those days when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weekday Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering delivery!
Can I Eat Chickpeas For Breakfast?
Other Healthy Vegan Breakfast Recipes to Keep You Full!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use for My Vegan Chickpea Breakfast Bagel Sandwich Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free chickpea breakfast sandwich recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Chickpea Breakfast Sandwich (Vegan, GF)
- Mix the chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, vegetables, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on the stove over low heat, grease the pan if it's not nonstick. Add the omelette ingredients, and allow to cook on one side until bubbles form (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Flip, and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Toast the bagels, and divide the chickpea omelette on each bagel. Top with sprouts and mangia!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!