This Mediterranean Chickpea Omelette recipe is a vegan, gluten free, high protein breakfast. Loaded with roasted pepper, olives, and green onions.
This Vegan Chickpea Omelette Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Flavor
- Vegan, gluten free, egg free, high protein
Easy Vegan Weekend Breakfast Recipes
This mediterranean chickpea omelette recipe is what I call an Easy Weekend Meal – which is on your table in about 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering from a diner!
What’s In This Vegan Chickpea Scramble Recipe?
- Chickpea Flour: also called basan or gram flour. I stocked up on a huge bag of this amazing chickpea flour, and I’ve been making tons of these amazing muffins. Chickpea flour is super high in protein, and you can use it to make these muffins, in regular baking, or to make healthy and delicious breakfast scrambles.
- Nutritional Yeast: not to be confused with bread baking yeast, nutritional yeast has a cheesy nutty umami flavor which is great in all kinds of dishes – I even sprinkle it on fresh popped pop corn and WOW! Also great in soups and sauces of all kinds.
- Diced Tomatoes: I only use no salt added diced tomatoes, these boxed tomatoes are really great to stock up on! I like boxed tomatoes better because they are BPA free and more eco-friendly than aluminum cans.
- Olives: I love these amazing low sodium olives which add a ton of flavor without all the salt. They are a great way to reduce the amount of salt in your breakfasts.
- Bell Pepper: If you don’t have fresh peppers, these sweet roasted red peppers are a great substitute! I love adding them to breakfast bakes, sandwiches or wraps, and soups.
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt: I like to use a pink Himalayan Sea Salt in my kitchen, which has more natural minerals than plain processed table salt. It’s fairly inexpensive, so I’d recommend this salt if you’re looking for an easy way to level up your spice pantry.
- Tellicherry Black Pepper: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. This pepper is the same price is buying pre-ground, and has a million times more flavor! I use these really great tellicherry peppercorns, which I would definitely recommend.
One of the BEST Vegan Pantry Staple Breakfast Recipes
This gluten free vegan chickpea omelette recipe is a fantastic pantry-staple meal! It uses almost all ingredients you would have in your dry pantry or cupboards. You probably already have a lot of these ingredients on hand already. Keeping a well-stocked pantry makes it easy to come up with delicious and healthy meals using a few staples you can rotate. I made a list of my Top 125 Plant-Based Pantry Staples that always keep on hand. And you can check out all my favorite pantry staple recipes on TheHerbeevore.com here. By stocking up on healthy whole ingredients you can cook delicious recipes without a trip to the store!
How Do I Make An Omelette Vegan?
Other Favorite Vegan Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Use For My High Protein Vegan Omelette Breakfast Recipe:
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free chickpea breakfast omelette recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Mediterranean Chickpea Omelette (Vegan, GF)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Heat a nonstick skillet on the stove over low heat, grease the pan if it's not nonstick.
- Add the omelette ingredients, and allow to cook on one side until bubbles form (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Flip, and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.