This beet hummus sandwich is a fresh and flavorful lunch, loaded with healthy proteins, flavorful vegetables, and piled high with sprouts. A fantastic no-cook recipe that is ready in just a few minutes without having to turn on the stove. This simple beet root sandwich is vegan, gluten free, and SO satisfying.
This Beetroot Hummus Sandwich Recipe Is:
- Ready in 5 Minutes (no cooking required)
- Vegan, gluten free, high protein, and heart healthy!
Grow Sprouts Indoors for A Nutritious Crunch All Year Long!
I grow my own sprouts all year long on my kitchen counters… and believe me, it couldn’t be easier! All you need are some sprouting seeds (I like these alfalfa seeds, and these bean sprouts), wide-mouth mason jars, sprouting lids, and some tap water. An endless supply of sprouts will be at your culinary fingertips anytime. I love grabbing a handful of alfalfa sprouts to add to a sandwich or a wrap, or adding a handful of bean sprouts to stir fries or ramen soup. I put together a list of all my favorite sprouting supplies – so you can enjoy fresh sprouts any time!
Easy Weeknight Beet Recipes
This beet hummus sandwich is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy homecooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I have a whole section of The Herbeevore dedicated to Easy Weeknight Meals, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins – a healthy meal can be on your table in no time. Even faster than ordering takeout!
What’s In These Beet Hummus Sandwich Recipe?
- Beet Hummus: my simple recipe is here on The Herbeevore – I used beet powder which gave this hummus a bright and fresh flavor, and that gorgeous deep purple color.
- Canned Beets: I used these Del Monte canned beets and trust me, they were perfect! You can absolutely cook/steam, peel, and slice your own for this recipe… but I was happy with how canned turned out so I’m sticking to it!
- Onion: I thinkly sliced red onion for this recipe, but you can use a white or yellow.
- White Vinegar:gives the dressing a crisp and bright flavor! I’m pretty sure they use regular ol’ white vinegar at the restaurant, and it tasted perfect.
- Sugar: I used white cane sugar for this recipe, but you can use a natural sweetener too. Raw honey would be great (as a beekeeper, I 100% approve!), as would maple syrup or agave.
- Olive Oil: I used Terra Delyssa brand, which I find has a really great and mild flavor. I get a 3-pack on Amazon here which is a great value for the quality of oil.
- Ground Pepper: I use tellicherry peppercorns, freshly ground. These have a bolder flavor than pre-ground pepper which I enjoy in these beets!
- Salt: I use a pink Himalayan sea salt, which has some extra minerals that normal table salt doesn’t.
A No-Cook Beet Recipe That’s Perfect for Summer
If you have beet hummus and canned beets already prepared, this recipe is a simple no-cook meal. I love a good no-cook recipe for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for summer nights when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here! This sandwich comes together in about 5 minutes, and doesn’t require the stove or microwave to make. Just use a few pantry staple ingredients and you have a healthy meal ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
How Do I Make This Double Beet Sandwich Recipe?
- Toast a slice of bread or a bagel, and top each slice with a layer of the beet hummus.
- Add the sliced beets on top of one of the hummus toasts, then layer on bean sprouts.
- Top the bean sprouts with the other piece of toast and enjoy!
Other Simple Healthy Sandwich Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients I Used For my Pickled Beet Hummus Sandwich!
As always, if you make this Beet Hummus Sandwich Recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Beet Hummus Sandwich (Vegan, GF)
Beet Hummus Sandwich
- 1/2 cup beet hummus click here for recipe
- 6 slices quick pickled beets recipe below
- Bean sprouts
- Bread wrap, or bagel
- Toast a slice of bread or a bagel, and top each slice with a layer of the beet hummus. Add the sliced beets on top of one of the hummus toasts, then layer on bean sprouts. Top the bean sprouts with the other piece of toast and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!